Now I am pissed!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Alright, as you guys know, I worked till about 12:00 this morning. As you also know, my chiropractor got ripped off a few weeks ago. Got some plants and planters stolen. I got to the deli this morning around 8:20 after leaving there at about 20 to 12. I get there and they tell me that a tree was stolen. It was a small pom pom juniper which the owners paid $69.00 for at Franks a few months ago. The owners gave me some money and I went down to Franks. Picked up a new plant for $100.00 I was PISSED. The weird thing is that I think I saw the people who stole the plant.
I was working last night about 10:30 / 11:00 and saw a car pull off to the side of the road. The person in the car watched me work for about 10 - 15 minutes and then took off. About half an hour later the same car pulled into the lot, followed by a Yukon type vehicle. They simply came into the lot, turned around and left just as fast. I didn't get the plates on either car, but I did get some descriptive features of both vehicles. I figure that they came back once I left and ripped the tree out of the ground. I called the cops and they sent somebody over. However the owners of my place don't want to press charges. I guess the person will be getting a visit from some "unfriendlys"

as long as you make money planting the tree each time. i wouldn't care if they stole one every night.

Brett, I have a deal worked out with the owners. I cut 1 lawn each week and do some BS stuff when they ask and I get storage for my equipment and trailer. I do that for a few months and slack off during the winter. They buy all materials and I furnish the labor to do the work.

I tried that for a while where I park my equipment. I always felt like I was doing more work than the rent was worth, and he felt like the rent he was losing didn't make up for the tree work I did. So, about two years ago we decided I would pay monthly rent and whenever he needs work done, I bill him for it after giving him an estimate.

I saw this on one of those landscaper programs on planting.

Take 2 long peices of rebar and a stake driver and set them down through the rootball after you get everything else finnished up. It will act as a stake, allow movement of the trunk and should keep people from lifting the ball out of the planting hole too.

I was not too hot on the idea because of what it could do to roots, but I guess that is better then theft.

You'll also tick off some future tree man when he hits that rebar with his stump grinder.:angry:

Could be, but if there is a rash of thefts going on...I see only to other coices

1. stock so big they need to be hoisted in

2. the Milwaukee method I have mentioned in the past that involves breaking down the ball prior to install. They pull up that mess they may not take it with them.

It's weird. They stole from the chiropractor and that was about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I haven't heard anything about any thefts since then except for today. They haven't shown any patters as far as what they take, and as far as when the stuff was planted... it ranged anywhere from 3 months to 1 1/3 years.

Sorry for the confussion Budroe, I actually saw the people at the Deli Friday night scoping the place out.

You can buy a cheap video cam now with a motion sensor.
It plugs into a vcr and if they come back you`ll have them.

Back