NT chainsaw sharpener on sale again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
northern sharpener

Ibought one of those northern sharpeners like the oregon 511,but the instructions are very vage,i have about 75- s-62 and about 50- h-78 chains, i still have not quite figured the angles to cut, the local shops get 10.00 to sharpen a chain, anyone got any ideas or have one that they know how to use

Thanks for the heads up. Hunter, if you use the search function using Northern Tool there should be many, many threads on how to use these, look there first as there has been many pages on the topic.

If you can find and download the Oregon 511 manual they are so close parts are interchangable. So are the instructions on how to use it and Oregon's are MUCH better. Be suspicious of angle gauges on the Northern Just because the gauge says 30° does not mean it is.
Lou

Ibought one of those northern sharpeners like the oregon 511,but the instructions are very vage,i have about 75- s-62 and about 50- h-78 chains, i still have not quite figured the angles to cut, the local shops get 10.00 to sharpen a chain, anyone got any ideas or have one that they know how to use

Set the tilt at 60* the angle at 30* , make sure to get the wheel low enough so the side of the wheel hits the face of the tooth. You don't have to tilt the base, 0* works good. Don't grind too much off the tooth, just a light touch unless it's rocked out real bad, you might have to ajust a little from side to side. Keep the rakers low enough 25 to 30 thousands. Wish I could make $10 in 3 minutes. Steve

Latest posts

Back