NW Montana GTG & Charity Cut -- June 1, 2, 3 -- 2012!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the rest of her is too far gone, the rails are rusted up bad

Jake, bars are easily rebuilt, don't give up on it. :)

Tom can weld the rails & regrind and set the groove. Or we can ask him what alloy he uses, and I can weld it up.

He almost never gets to use the bar room in back, so maybe he'd do it cause it's a cool old bar? :D

Got them trees painted yet? :biggrin:

There should be some guys in Libby, who know where a stash of their pink paint is here. The cans might be a little bit rusty by now.

Not yet. . . Jake and I were going to go out there today, but my day will now be filled with bracket welding. Tomorrow I'll be cutting a diesel tank down for a guy taking it to ND on Monday.

We're planning on going out there Tuesday(ish) after Jake gets off work. :msp_thumbup:

Here's the list bumped up, I know Sam and Cody were asking about what to bring.

Looks like we may need some salads like fruit, shrimp, frog eye, etc. . . I ain't much of a green salad eater, but I do like them others like above. If'n other folks have a preference, make it known! If I have a heads up we can make sure there salad dressing as well.

If you have a preferred condiment of some kind, let me know! I can make sure the basic condiments are there.

I'm also going to see about having some tasty Hedstrom's milk there as well, It's pasteurized but not homo, so it tastes better, smells better, and is better for you.

Does anyone have diabetes? We can make sure we have stuff there that would fit your dietary needs. My buddy and his girlfriend just opened a bakery too, so I'll have fresh bread there, and maybe some other goodies. She does offer a lot of stuff gluten free.

• Brian and Janimay -- Slabs of meat and a huge turkey breast along with the cowboy beans and a raspberry pie or two.

• Jake -- A good sized jag of rabbit, costco sized chips, and some flats of pop, also I can't promise but I hope I can bring out some good sized rounds for cuttin.

•SlowP -- Two Huckleberry Pies and Assorted Not Quite Good For You Cookies. Neither will be poisoned so no taste testing will be necessary.

•Nate -- Paper plates, paper towels, disposable utensils, garbage bags, milk, Amish butter, condiments. I will have a BBQ'r or two on site, as well as a smoker. We have refrigerators and freezers on site as well.

•(also tentative) 7oaks and Ms Ginger - We'll figure out something to bring if we can make it to Whitefish on time.

Forrest, how bout a salad like above? Or maybe you and the Mrs can come up with a food item that's not listed?

Oh, I plan to bring my cameras and tripod and maybe get some falling videos (is it easy ground for Running Away if needed) if the fallers agree to be filmed.

Yeah, bring your setup so you can take lots of video and pictures. . . There's actually some pretty steep ground on the property, and some flats -- a good mix really.

Last edited:
Yeah, bring your setup so you can take lots of video and pictures. . . There actually some pretty steep ground on the property, and some flats -- a good mix really.

Steep is familiar. :msp_smile: Maybe I'll remember to get another little card thing for my camera.
It is supposed to rain this week so a trip to town will occur.

Steep is familiar. :msp_smile: Maybe I'll remember to get another little card thing for my camera.
It is supposed to rain this week so a trip to town will occur.

It's supposed to rain here as well, with below normal temps. . . I sure hope the 1st-3rd is nice!! :msp_mellow:

Things are coming together Jani Mays treatments work out so we can come. Were planning on being there mid afternoon friday. May have to re learn to run a saw Ive ran em once since JaniMays challange started Back in september. We went and bought a double zero gravity chair so we cant sit in comfort at the camp fire.
Gotta break in my wescos I bought with part of my winnings back in January.
Really looking Fwd to this break should be a great time.

Things are coming together Jani Mays treatments work out so we can come. Were planning on being there mid afternoon friday. May have to re learn to run a saw Ive ran em once since JaniMays challange started Back in september. We went and bought a double zero gravity chair so we cant sit in comfort at the camp fire.
Gotta break in my wescos I bought with part of my winnings back in January.
Really looking Fwd to this break should be a great time.

YAAAAAY! I got one of those chairs at Cabelas. I almost left it set up in the living room, it was so nice.

Today I noticed the hubcap was missing off my trailer. I may have to duct tape a soup can on it! I'll see if our local auto store--the hub of all gossi oops information for our area, has any solutions.

So is that a double --two people chair? Or does it double the force of gravity so you can't possibly arise from it? Will we have to get a lift to yard you out of the double the force of gravity chair??:msp_smile:

i hope everybody has a great and safe time. i will not be making the trek there do to family and work . will expect lots of pic's and vid's. take care and have a hoot. fraser.

i hope everybody has a great and safe time. i will not be making the trek there do to family and work . will expect lots of pic's and vid's. take care and have a hoot. fraser.

Dang, you and Bob too....Hopefully another time. Guess I'll just have to make it over to one of those high-falutin PNW GTG's.....Are us Montana/Idaho brushcutters allowed?:laugh:

Rain, rainy, rain-rain. :msp_thumbdn:

Maybe God is trying to set it up so your coastal folks will feel more comfortable here? :laugh:

Put 11 hours in at the shop yesterday. . . That'll make ya hurt a little when you ain't used to it.

Got to go back in fer a few hours -- BBL

Latest posts

Back