NW Montana GTG & Charity Cut -- June 1, 2, 3 -- 2012!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a lot better. It has been $4.36 here. The news says they are jacking it up more. We keep hearing that prices will drop "in a couple of weeks" but it hasn't happened.

It's the same song and dance they always give. . . "We can't lower prices, we'll go out of business", then they post record profits. :msp_angry:

They always hike prices for summer driving, and lower them a few cents fer the fall/winter. It's always, always 4 steps forward, and 1 step back -- and they proclaim "LOOK, we've lowered gas prices!" :rolleyes:

We're sucking oil out'a ND and Eastern Montana like it's going out of style, and yet gas is over $4 a gallon? A lot of it is the devalued dollar, but a lot more of it is corporate greed on the oil barons part.

Don't get me started, I could rant all day! :laugh:

Wow! I filled up the wife's Jeep yesterday....4.35 a gallon for 10% corn juice. 61 bucks!! I'll quit whining now and start looking at real estate ads for Montana. :laugh:

Bob, not sure you want to retire here. . . Our trees won't satisfy yer murderous lusts! LOL

Actually, you'd really like it here, probably best you can't make the GTG -- you'd end up staying.:msp_wink:

Bob, not sure you want to retire here. . . Our trees won't satisfy yer murderous lusts! LOL

Actually, you'd really like it here, probably best you can't make the GTG -- you'd end up staying.:msp_wink:

Don't worry about your trees. The older I get the better I like smaller timber. :laugh: The only thing I like about cutting the big ones anymore is that the saw stays in the wood longer and I can rest a little. I even gave up and bought a Stihl Lite 36" bar for the 660. If I play my cards right, in a few years I'll be cutting dog hair with my wife's 170. ;)

Tell ya' what...if I win the Lotto I'll buy a place up your way and live there Spring Summer and Fall. Winter time I'd be headed back down here...these old bones don't like snow too much anymore.

Okay...I told a fib. I still like to watch those big ones go over....especially when they save out clear to the tip. Must be a genetic defect. :laugh:

Don't worry about your trees. The older I get the better I like smaller timber. :laugh: The only thing I like about cutting the big ones anymore is that the saw stays in the wood longer and I can rest a little. I even gave up and bought a Stihl Lite 36" bar for the 660. If I play my cards right, in a few years I'll be cutting dog hair with my wife's 170. ;)

Tell ya' what...if I win the Lotto I'll buy a place up your way and live there Spring Summer and Fall. Winter time I'd be headed back down here...these old bones don't like snow too much anymore.

Okay...I told a fib. I still like to watch those big ones go over....especially when they save out clear to the tip. Must be a genetic defect. :laugh:

:hmm3grin2orange:

hey, speakin of big ones hittin the dirt, I might be wandering up Roger's Lake way mon-tues to dump a 4', you wanna go? Except don't be trying to haul it out, I'm a sportfaller dammit! I don't do that #### :laugh:

But. . . But. . . I wants it! It's my precious! :hmm3grin2orange:

But. . . But. . . I wants it! It's my precious! :hmm3grin2orange:

Unless you have a Precious duece and a half (cough, cough, and about 600' of cable cough, cough then she's gonna be a catch and release type deal. In that, we catch it from the vertical and release it to the forest floor for all the woodland creatures to enjoy

All you western folks rig up some sort of sail to your vehicle, you could save yourself a lot of fuel and be here in no time flat!:laugh:

Oh yeah. . . But the extended forecast is showing pretty nice weather fer the GTG! :rock:

Someone named Nate is heading out to camp @ 4:30 to get some pics and video! :D

Hopefully dry wind weve been getting dumped on by rain all week couple midwest style dumpings. On a brighter note the 3 day weekends started and next week on the way to the Gtg looking fwd to it.

Sorry guys the wife and I won't be making it to Whitefish in time for the GTG. I feel real bad about that as I really want to meet a lot of you. We just got home late last night from Belize where we managed this island marine research station for a month. Less than acre and I sure wish I'd of had a chainsaw with me to cut down some of those coconut trees. I was almost conked down by a falling coconut. We now have to pack up and close up the house then drive the 3,000 miles and can't possibly make it in time.

Have a cold one for me.

View attachment 239508
attachment.php

Are you getting the thunder boomers we had here yet? The sun and fog are playing the morning game.

I looked at the forecast for Kalispell and it mentioned 80s for next week! I'll have to do my sawing at the buttcrack of dawn if it is that hot. I wilt easily.

I got the OK from our tire guy to pull The Wing without a hubcap on one side. Maybe I'll find one along the road somewhere. :smile2:

Need any slimy slugs?

Sorry guys the wife and I won't be making it to Whitefish in time for the GTG. I feel real bad about that as I really want to meet a lot of you. We just got home late last night from Belize where we managed this island marine research station for a month. Less than acre and I sure wish I'd of had a chainsaw with me to cut down some of those coconut trees. I was almost conked down by a falling coconut. We now have to pack up and close up the house then drive the 3,000 miles and can't possibly make it in time.

Have a cold one for me.

View attachment 239508
attachment.php

Sounds like you guys had fun in Belize! Well, besides the killer Coconuts. :laugh:

Sucks you guys won't make it. :(

Are you getting the thunder boomers we had here yet? The sun and fog are playing the morning game.

I looked at the forecast for Kalispell and it mentioned 80s for next week! I'll have to do my sawing at the buttcrack of dawn if it is that hot. I wilt easily.

I got the OK from our tire guy to pull The Wing without a hubcap on one side. Maybe I'll find one along the road somewhere. :smile2:

Need any slimy slugs?

No thunder of any significance. . . We got some I think Thursday night? Just a rumble or two at dusk.

I wilt easily too, not a heat guy -- but I'll take good partly cloudy warm weather over cold and rain.

So, I have to edit the video from yesterday, but there is an epic amount of wood to cut! Since last year, at least 12-13 trees have died, and that doesn't count the sick and leaners I marked.

There'll be a good opportunity fer Nate W. to do some disease and bug ID'ing. . . Kind'a make a mini class out'a it maybe?

I honestly think we won't get to it all. . . Holy crap there's a lot!

Cody, you've got to bring yer gear dude!! There's some trees that you can show some fancy stuff on! I'll help you with fuel to drive the Yota too. :rock:

We also need to nail down a menu by the day, my wife is going to go to Costco to fill in food gaps.

So, who will fer sure be there Friday in the afternoon/evening? Do I need to plan for a lunch and dinner, or just dinner?

I think Cody said the Tarzan family is doing Sunday morning breakfast of bacon, eggs, etc.

One week away folks, lets get some stuff on paper so I don't have a heart attack! :laugh:

BTW, with the amount of wood to process on location, I got the okay yesterday to host another GTG/Charity Cut at the camp! :rock:

I'm planning on arriving Friday morning. I wouldn't sweat about lunch. Chips and salsa and informal stuff will do....I usually throw in hotdogs and buns and chips--and I see there is a Walmarche in Kalispell so supply runs can be done. I've got coffee makings that always go with me. I make horrible coffee because I mix it with hot chocolate, which I also take along.

I'm baking a big batch of Not Quite Good For You Cookies, which some people consider to be a meal and one that sticks. (100% PNW Logger Approved--and asked for by crews) Pies will be coming along too. The Used Dog will be self contained. He can pack a bit of gear if a pack dog is needed. I can too. I'm slow but I always get there.

Anything else? I'll bring along my own girl beers--Diet Pepsis and see about ice. I think I might throw in my smelly cruiser vest.:hmm3grin2orange:

I'm planning on arriving Friday morning. I wouldn't sweat about lunch. Chips and salsa and informal stuff will do....I usually throw in hotdogs and buns and chips--and I see there is a Walmarche in Kalispell so supply runs can be done. I've got coffee makings that always go with me. I make horrible coffee because I mix it with hot chocolate, which I also take along.

I'm baking a big batch of Not Quite Good For You Cookies, which some people consider to be a meal and one that sticks. (100% PNW Logger Approved--and asked for by crews) Pies will be coming along too. The Used Dog will be self contained. He can pack a bit of gear if a pack dog is needed. I can too. I'm slow but I always get there.

Anything else? I'll bring along my own girl beers--Diet Pepsis and see about ice. I think I might throw in my smelly cruiser vest.:hmm3grin2orange:

Hmmm, that's a good idea. . . I'll just have some hot dogs there for Friday afternoon (if needed). There's two big commercial coffee makers there, and a regular coffee pot. I'm bringing my grinder and beans, cause I'm a coffee snob. :laugh: I'll also have a can of Yuban there.

I'll also bring hazelnut creamer, and Uncle Jake is bringing yummy Hedstrom's milk.

Just so you know, it's my duty as GTG Organizer to poison check them cookies. . . It'll probably take me 24 of'em to make sure. :hmm3grin2orange:

You will see from the shape of my body, that checking food for quality control is important. Last year I introduced a new strain of cookies, and will bring both kinds. Any peanut allergies out there??

You will be welcome to do quality control with the cookies. There will be plenty of them, if things go as planned. I have been known to whip up a batch where visiting when cookies ran out.

That reminds me. . . I've secured plenty of stuff fer adults fer drawings Saturday evening. I figured we'd do it over the camp fire, or inside the main hall would be good too.

There's going to be quite a few kids/young teens there, and I don't want them feeling left out. Anyone have some ideas fer kids stuff?

Latest posts

Back