oak trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebarnes

Reaction score
I need to know the best oak tree to plant for the earliest production of acorns. My soil is sandy loam and moist located in the ark. riverbottoms. help!!!!:D

:) Thank for your reply. I got some info. from another source and the answer to the equation is definatly the sawtooth oak. My question now is what are the drawbacks? I intend to suppliment a food source in a duck hole of mine. Thanks,E

Quercus acutissima is becoming an exotic invasive species in many locales in the Southeast. It has been widely promoted by several state conservation agencies for its amazing mast production, but it's precisely this attribute which makes it likely to escape cultivation.

Oak tree acorns

I planted 500 sawtooth oaks winter of 1991. I began getting acorns after the 8th year. The tree are approx. 20'-25' tall. This fall I have gathered over 1000 acorns. I would like to find a good source for 1 gallon plastic containers to plant the acorns to grow trees for sale. I planted 20 acorns as a test this past spring and all have sprouted and have grown to about 3' just this summer.:)

Latest posts

Back