Odd question... Where do loggers use the bathroom?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've worked with one crew that kept a porta potty on site, other wise find a conveinent tree/boulder/tire to lean/hide behind and try not to poo on your pants and boots, generally I will hold it unless dire conditions cause pooping in the woods is a horrible experience, and trying not to hit innocent clothing in the process is... difficult...
I'm glad I paid all the attention in not 'wearing wood' compared to my lack of concentration when it came to putting
G & O caps on as well as putting the right one in the right tank. Slow learner when it came to not pooped on my suspernder.

Funny when you have no shìt tickets or we also call it 'bush money', how all the logging shirts start out missing a cuff off a shirt then the another one. then the arms, then the pocket.
Leaves have been used more than paper.

When I cut Seismic or Mountain Pine Beetle in the north in winter and was caught short, You had to go India style without the water. Just snow and hand. Many times it was 35 to 40c below. Got you very clean but you are going to get hemoroids almost every time.

Sucks because you had to take all your many layers off to pull your suspenders off. Sometimes you pulled them over your T-shirt when you got ready in the morning.
Propabley three times I started my saw up and 'had to go'. Suddenly you realize the vent is frozen as you hear it starve for fuel. No big deal in the snow right? It will race the chain then spit out. Unfortunately, every time I had happened to have the brake on. There is nothing you can do but watch your clutch smoke until it starves out. Helpless.

I have my weak spots like anybody else. Guys called me yard sale on and off the hill 'cause my gear
was everywhere.
I got the proper things right. I told some of those guys "I'd be dancing on your grave".

Winter is rough.

When I was on a crew, we had to do monthly safety meetings, document the discussion and turn it in. We always had "Always Carry Toilet Paper" on the list.

One of the office women was on a cost cutting spree and locked up the toilet paper with the statement "What do field crews need toilet paper for?" I simply raided the women's bathroom and supplied us with it. One of the upper echelon employees became angry about the stupidity of locking it up and epoxied the lock so nobody could get to the supply.

The cost cutting measure was abandoned.

That's perfect they did that and good for you.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Elaine asked the girl next to her in the stall which happened to be Jerry's new GF (Unbeknownst to each other at the time.)

The infamous episode off
"can you at least spare a square..sorry..I can't spare a square.
Remember? Elaine gets her back in the end. Maybe I will post the YouTube
clip.

My mother was a proofreader. I also worked for an English major who went to the dark side--forestry and would hand back reports with corrections denoted in red pencil.

I do find it depressing to be on facebook and constantly see the troubles with words that should have been emphasized in school. There, their, they're, to, two, too, etc. And don't get me started on "Lightening" (Lightning). Ugh! Bring back the red pencils!

Public service announcement over.
Why is that depressing?
What is depressing is that you seen to have such a poor understanding of dyslexia. It is 20 23. I had a teacher in grade 3 that understood in the early '70s. She was way ahead of the time. I love her to this day. Unforgettable.
She was A music teacher by heart/Profession . If we were good then we could gather and listen to Roger Whitaker (The last farwell) She taught me my time tables. I remember getting my times table test back and my dyslexic answer of 9 × 9 =18 and she put a check mark on it. I will never forget that.

English is a bit different. I could proof read 3 times and not see things but the next day I could see it right away.

So it is not about always not knowing.

Why is that depressing?
What is depressing is that you seen to have such a poor understanding of dyslexia. It is 2923. I had a teacher in grade 3 that understood in the early '70s. She was way ahead of the time. I love her to this day. Unforgettable.
She was A music teacher by heart/Profession . If we were good then we could gather and listen to Roger Whitaker (The last farwell) She taught me my time tables. I remember getting my times table test back and my dyslexic answer of 9 × 9 =18 and she put a check mark on it. I will never forget that.

English is a bit different. I could proof read 3 times and not see things but the next day I could see it right away.

Spell check and predictive text doesn't help matter any either. About 90% of my miss spelling is fat fingering the keyboard on my phone. Screw up often enough and your phone learns that wrong is right. Just typing this I had to stop and correct my phone from changing words a dozen times. It's a pain.

Spell check and predictive text doesn't help matter any either. About 90% of my miss spelling is fat fingering the keyboard on my phone. Screw up often enough and your phone learns that wrong is right. Just typing this I had to stop and correct my phone from changing words a dozen times. It's a pain.
Yeah, I noticed I said it's year 2923..That one was a typo. I get what you are saying. If you have your phone set to remember your words and you spell like me. I relay? (that wold seems dodgy lolz) on my cheat bar can't always save us man.

Where are you from Sean?
Heard you say "Mate" a few times on here.

Born in Liverpool myself.

That is the Irish spelling of your name.
Am I on the right track?

Yeah, I noticed I said it's year 2923..That one was a typo. I get what you are saying. If you have your phone set to remember your words and you spell like me. I relay? (that wold seems dodgy lolz) on my chest bar. can't always save us man.

Where are you from Sean?
Heard you say "Mate" a few times on here.

Born in Liverpool myself.
That is the Irish spelling of you name.
Am I on the right track?
Lol, usa born, Lebanon, PA. Worked with a middle Eastern guy that moved to Britain when he was fairly young. Worst accent I've ever heard, but I was his "mate". Just stuck with me. Don't know much of my biological family history, I was raised by my grandparents till I was adopted. Best I from my incubators side I'd at some point a few generations ago they came in from Ellis Island and moved to PA. Sperm donors side is Italian from what I've been told.

Do they have a porta potty or a camping toilet inside of the crummy, or do you guys just go in a hole the woods?
When I'm farming and I have to go, I lean up against a tree and let it rip. Carry a roll of TP in the tractors, Whizz... anywhere, it it the country after all.

My mother was a proofreader. I also worked for an English major who went to the dark side--forestry and would hand back reports with corrections denoted in red pencil.

I do find it depressing to be on facebook and constantly see the troubles with words that should have been emphasized in school. There, their, they're, to, two, too, etc. And don't get me started on "Lightening" (Lightning). Ugh! Bring back the red pencils!

Public service announcement over.

"Loose" and "lose".

I just want to talk about my very guilty pleasure. Womans Soccer. it's World cup again? Do the American team hate America because some did not put their hand over there heart and sing? seems a bit harsh to hate on your team

Why is that depressing?
What is depressing is that you seen to have such a poor understanding of dyslexia. It is 20 23. I had a teacher in grade 3 that understood in the early '70s. She was way ahead of the time. I love her to this day. Unforgettable.

I don't think that many people on facebook are dyslexic. I fine it depressing that most, who are not, have not learned to spell or use very basic punctuation. Some of the local people actually make me have to stop and figure out what they are trying to say. Or that it isn't important to go back and check what was written before posting. It's (not its) just me. Don't worry about it.

I have a hard time putting things back together after taking them apart. A logger made me feel better by saying that things were designed to have parts left over.

But good for you. You took the time to fix it. A local kid wrote an I want a job ad on the community page. The spelling and grammar were atrocious. Somebody else pointed out that if they were serious about employment, they might want to write a correct version. In the fashion of facebook, that advice (not advise) was taken as an insult.

Maybe it's just us old folks who learned that such things are important in making a good first impression? Dunno. Pooping in the woods is easier but please bury it deeply and stay away from wet areas and creeks!

Most treeplanters and firefighters I know kept a bit of toilet paper tucked in their hat, otherwise it was moss for wipes.
Heh, bro Bo had extra, .25 cents a sheet, do you want one or two?
Hahahha.

"Loose" and "lose".

Then and than.
I feel attacked
but in my defense (S) I did fail several semesters of English, then made up for it with of all things Choir, typing/keyboard and Drama classes, mostly because the English teachers were assholes (net nanny be damned there isn't a politer way to describe them) And my 9th grade English book in Darrington, was the exact same edition I used in 3rd grade in Wyoming, were I got straight A's... so, one has to ask how the F did I fail every assignment, if I was just recycling the same homework that originally got passing grades?
Middle school was after I broke my wrist, and skipped learning cursive, the teacher required everyone to use cursive... and if he couldn't read it, you failed... and yes I can read cursive, just can't write it for S, actually have marginally better hand writing with my left hand, because of needing to write with it for 6 months.
Anyway, pooing in the woods is to be avoided if at all possible.

Back