Oddball 020 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ax-man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This was today's find so to speak. The saw is definately an 020 Super but this is the first one I have seen with an AVP tag. Any of the electronic ignition AVP's I have seen are the rear handled versions, not top handle that has been my experience with them anyway.

Anyone care to take a guess on this one?

I am assuming that some where along the way the tag got switched on this one. Personally I have never done this to an 020 because I don't know how hard it is to do getting those little rivets out and putting them back in so they will stay put. That ID tag has been on the saw a long time every scratch and nick on the tag mates up to the same marks on gas tank body.

This saw also had the dual fuel filter pick-up option on it, something you don't see every day on an 020 either, another surprize of the day was the darn thing started up and ran after a little playing around with it, not the best but good enough to know it won't take much to get it running top notch.

Larry

I haven't seen anything like that on it, but I still haven't scrubbed it down good either, it is still pretty grungy. I know what your talking about, I have other 020 parts around here that have been branded, so to speak. Often have wondered where those came from or why they were branded.

Larry

It''s just been converted to top handle... Seen it done both ways.

Hang onto the dual pickup - you can't buy it any more..

I see what your getting at Lake some one swiped the handle and sidecover with the chainbrake from a Super and put it on this saw. I'll have to dig into it a little more, and see if it has the 40 mm engine in it or the 38 mm. I have a couple good handles around that I can switch it back to what it was. The saw has a new 14/in sproket on it too, maybe I'll make it into a carving saw.

Larry

Back