OEM husky 2100 thin ring

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim rivers

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello I'm reaching out for some info on a factory husky thin ring piston markings / Here is the story bought a e/bay piston that claims its oem 2100 thin ring piston I rec the piston its in a older farmer tec box so that got my senses telling me its am ? It does have some markings on top of the piston so just curious If anybody might have some info on what husky stamped on top of the piston ???? Thanks for any help Jim

Well Jacob are you saying that a oem husky thin ring piston should have no markings on the top of it ? This is the info I will need to file a claim with evil bay I'm not even remotely interested in owning a non oem piston ! If this guy sold me a piston represented as oem and it's truly a am piston it's worth nothing to me //

Well Jacob are you saying that a oem husky thin ring piston should have no markings on the top of it ? This is the info I will need to file a claim with evil bay I'm not even remotely interested in owning a non oem piston ! If this guy sold me a piston represented as oem and it's truly a am piston it's worth nothing to me //

I'm not saying an OEM piston shouldn't have any markings, I'm saying that the two I have here do not have any markings and you can draw your own conclusions from that. I'm also saying that the OEM thin-ring pistons use rings that are very thin, and I have not seen any aftermarket kits using such rings. The thinnest rings I've seen on an aftermarket piston are the 1.2mm rings used in modern Stihls and Husqvarnas.

Ok it's making more sense now I will post a detailed pic Monday on all the markings I hope I'm just worrying to much and thank you for all the help I receive//

This is what the piston was in when I received it and why I created this thread//

Attachments

• IMG_1831.JPG
    IMG_1831.JPG
    817.7 KB · Views: 12
The marking on the left side of the arrow looks a Kolbensmidth marking. I think that i see this marking on a sachs dolmar 143 piston.

Latest posts

Back