OEM or fake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the description supposed to be "BEARING" instead of "EALING"?

Don't buy any part that you need to be genuine on eBay. Counterfeiters are perfectly happy printing anything they want on the parts, and making counterfeit packaging too. I'm on a Mercedes diesel forum, and there's a couple people who can't understand why their eBay "made in Japan" wheel bearings failed on them. They have to be Japanese, right? Says so right on the bearing!

Buy from a legit Husky dealer if you need guaranteed legit parts.

It is bearing and seal. They are aftermarket. Pretty deceptive add. The picture shows them in the typical Husqvarna bags but if you read the description carefully it says aftermarket.

Not a bearing, the seal. That number is a 'crankcase sealing ring' for a 455 so yes it's a good Husqvarna number

Is the description supposed to be "BEARING" instead of "EALING"?

Don't buy any part that you need to be genuine on eBay. Counterfeiters are perfectly happy printing anything they want on the parts, and making counterfeit packaging too. I'm on a Mercedes diesel forum, and there's a couple people who can't understand why their eBay "made in Japan" wheel bearings failed on them. They have to be Japanese, right? Says so right on the bearing!

Buy from a legit Husky dealer if you need guaranteed legit parts.
buying on ebay is fine if you trust the seller and the parts come packaged correctly.....i sell on ebay and only sell genuine parts but to your point....ebay and amazon are loaded with counterfeit parts being passed off as genuine. look at the packaging......lots and lots of "genuine" walbro and zama carb kits being sold with the package branded as such but its a fuzzy or off color branding...those are counterfeit.

know how the factory parts are packaged and what the branding looks like on the package. this is hard with lots of small parts because they are packaged from stihl/makita/echo/ husky in bulk for so no package is present when bought off ebay individually

I too sell on eBay and sellers like this really irritate me the description says "What you see is what you will receive" and has pictures of what appears to be OEM seals and some bearings without packaging however the description also says "quality aftermarket parts" so which is it? Both can't be true then when you question him he sends a reply that they are bought from a husky dealer and come without packaging but he didn't say they were OEM its this kind of avoiding giving a direct answer and manipulation of the ad to make someone that doesn't carefully read and study how its worded make a purchase they believe is for OEM parts but is not makes all eBay sellers look bad. Say you are repairing a saw for a pro user and because of the current situation you have to get parts off eBay because the dealers are out of stock so you buy these and install them in the saw and return it to the owner who works the saw and these bearings fail. Where does that leave you? Sellers who manipulate their ads or flat out lie should be banned but thats just my .02

Hint, parts are being purchased from China repackaged with no parts number and sold on sleezebay.

Remember there’s a direction that these bearings are installed.
On a test gear box we found out the opening for the balls to be assembled if it’s in a thrust position or installed backwards the test ran one night then the bearings failed. The balls hammered the assembly openings.

Hint, parts are being purchased from China repackaged with no parts number and sold on sleezebay.

Remember there’s a direction that these bearings are installed.
On a test gear box we found out the opening for the balls to be assembled if it’s in a thrust position or installed backwards the test ran one night then the bearings failed. The balls hammered the assembly openings.

interesting, what is it about these bearings that make them have a direction?

The way they made them!
So they aren’t a standard 6002 or anything? They are proprietary Husky ones? I can see one is, but the other two just look like normal metal cages roller bearings.

I presume the service manual mentions the direction? I feel like I can learn something here so don’t want to jump over the obvious

So they aren’t a standard 6002 or anything? They are proprietary Husky ones? I can see one is, but the other two just look like normal metal cages roller bearings.

I presume the service manual mentions the direction? I feel like I can learn something here so don’t want to jump over the obvious
IDK I never heard of this. Are the China crap I can only wonder?

Back