Official trailer thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used one of my dad's trailers yesterday to bring in a really big load of locust. This trailer is a beast. It's heavy as all hell to begin with. What's funny is that I actually helped build this trailer about 20 years ago. It's all steel including the deck. We used a trailer Jack from an 18 wheeler on it too. It's about 5 by 12. Might be a bit bigger. Its not a looker but it's a tank. This load is 90% locust and 10% cherry.
IMAG1262.jpg IMAG1263.jpg

6X12 Brimar Dump, 8X20 McErath Gooseneck Dump, 6X10 Brimar Dump. 7.5X24 Equipment trailer and 6X16 Utility Trailer

Attachments

• 3-22-15 Bruce 001.JPG
    3-22-15 Bruce 001.JPG
    944.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 3-22-15 Bruce 315.JPG
    3-22-15 Bruce 315.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 3-22-15 Bruce 317.JPG
    3-22-15 Bruce 317.JPG
    364.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 3-22-15 Bruce 419.JPG
    3-22-15 Bruce 419.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • 3-22-15 Bruce 438.JPG
    3-22-15 Bruce 438.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
This is my 16ft landscape trailer. I screwed and strapped pallets to the sides so I could haul more. I always load it until the fenders almost touch the tires and then I drive home real slow. Usually get about 3-4 cord on it.image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

Here is my trailer loded wit a cord of red oak headed to a restaurant.
I boxed it in with sheet metal so nothing can fall out the sides.
Then I put a tarp on it to cover the load so I can't get busted for an unsecured load.
10 ply tires keep things moving along with little issues.

nqvj0h.jpg

bhb0j9.jpg

290wxld.jpg

15czeah.jpg

Here is my cargo trailer I made into my racing trailer/camper.
I build a deck for the quad to ride on and so I can store tires and parts under the deck.
That way I can load the quad without moving all the parts out of the way.
The deck makes a great spot for my air mattress and the Honda generator makes it feel like home.
TV/VCR has been replaced with a flat screen smart TV with WiFi and USB port for flash drives.
Trailer is fully insulated and the AC window unit keeps it cool even on the hottest of days.

6i8txc.jpg

npjk2f.jpg

2190x8y.jpg

Here is my trailer loded wit a cord of red oak headed to a restaurant.
I boxed it in with sheet metal so nothing can fall out the sides.
Then I put a tarp on it to cover the load so I can't get busted for an unsecured load.
10 ply tires keep things moving along with little issues.

nqvj0h.jpg

bhb0j9.jpg

290wxld.jpg

15czeah.jpg
That's a great setup and awesome cover.

That's a great setup and awesome cover.

Thanks, I bought that trailer in 05 and she's been a work horse for 10 years.
I just replaced the 10 year old 8 ply tires with new 10 ply tires and I put breaks on both axles.
My next one will be a small dump trailer.
The cover I got at a trucking supply shop and works great.
I used to use them for tarping landscape trees for transport.
It's like a weave that lets air pass through without it flopping around in the wind.
They last a long time, even when left in the sun.

sunday.JPG Little load from last Sunday. never had to start a saw. Logs were already in 8-10ft lengths and my buddy was sick of looking at the pile and wanted them gone. No problem!!
And yes, that is a grain auger in the background with a rope attached to the top to swing into the pond!

I haul most on my 6 x 10' trailer.

Early this year my neighbor hauled a couple loads when my logger buddies were in the area.

2qtk744.jpg

1z2hvvc.jpg

Latest posts

Back