Oh boy, this ain't good, MS441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must disagree with you. Profit margins are at an all time record high, it's not about union dues, insurances, gubermint rape, that is a complete cop out and a lie!!!!!!! A lie made to divert peoples attention away from the fact we have a small amount of people in our country steeling our money, and to them it doesn't matter what it does to our country, because if you have enough money it doesn't matter where you live. Many members of my family are in Unions and Union dues are not only worth it, they're not that high anyway. I find it funny how people that aren't in a union act like they know something about them.

There is a big difference when you compete against a country like Germany vs China. Germany has as many regulations as we do, and the workers actually get paid for the work they do. Standing up for the businesses that send our money and jobs elsewhere in treasonous IMHO.

Andre......then have a union shop make you a cylinder!....Their pension fund might just get in the way of you getting something cheap though!.......Hahahahahahaha!

Sorry Matt, I "liked" your other thread, but wish I had a unlike button for this one.

These topics are not needed here, there are always people on both sides of these fences.

Sorry Mark as my intention is not to derail this thread but simply to put another side of the debate across, even if you may not agree with it. I disagree with true corporate greed as much as the next guy but the whole situation is a lot more complex than that and I simply put a few other points of view out there for people to chew on.

I'm feeling the:heart:

Merry Christmas!

Y'all are like a dysfunctional family.

No wonder I feel so at home here.

Much truth in what you said Matt. People often focus on on thing without seeing the bigger picture. Unions like with most thing in life are far from perfect. We do have problems with corporate greed, and that is a fact. With that said the vast majority are relatively fair and honest. Like you pointed out many people in high position "CEO's" fall into the maximum profit trap, and end up collapsing a corporation or business for their own personal gain, and often end up smelling like roses.

Nevertheless, good info on the AM stuff. As of right now it really doesn't seem logical to even bother with them. Sad thing is they've had plenty of time to correct the issues, which leads me to question, do they even have the ability to fix the issues? One would think yes, but as of now the answer is quite clearly no.:cheers:

Please dont show you that you have no clue here in this thread, take that someplace else.

I have more than a clue what I'm talking about. I only responded to what was posted. That poster has his opinion, you have yours, and I have mine. This thread probalbly isn't the best place for these discussions, but it's not right to let some voice their opion and berate another for theirs.

I have more than a clue what I'm talking about. I only responded to what was posted. That poster has his opinion, you have yours, and I have mine. This thread probalbly isn't the best place for these discussions, but it's not right to let some voice their opion and berate another for theirs.

No problem, lets get back to our saws.:msp_smile:

Fwiw, I have tried to stop the rest of it as well, I knew it was coming soon as Randy opened up his trap about this stuff...

If this BS is what you guys want to talk about, fine, I'm outta here.

I'm feeling the:heart:

Merry Christmas!

Y'all are like a dysfunctional family.

No wonder I feel so at home here.

Yeah we might fuss among ourselves but if any of these guys find themselves in need I'll do what I can to help. :rock:

Fwiw, I have tried to stop the rest of it as well, I knew it was coming soon as Randy opened up his trap about this stuff...

If this BS is what you guys want to talk about, fine, I'm outta here.

Oh now it's a trap huh? :laugh:

Sorry for derailing your thread Mark. I'll try to keep my trap shut.........maybe. :msp_sneaky:

Nevertheless, good info on the AM stuff. As of right now it really doesn't seem logical to even bother with them. Sad thing is they've had plenty of time to correct the issues, which leads me to question, do they even have the ability to fix the issues? One would think yes, but as of now the answer is quite clearly no.:cheers:

The sad part is Andy that some manufacturers HAVE fixed these issues it's just that the kits having problems are more than likely from the poorer (and cheaper) manufacturers.
The better kits from the better manufacturers actually cost around 20-25% more than from the cheaper suppliers.
For example I had 44 kits come in this week and I am 99% confident that you could run through them and find not one significant fault. I'm not doing this as an advertisement for business as I have since put Randy (watsonr) onto my exact same supplier and have even said he's welcome to contact me to weed out which kits have, and haven't had issues. I'm not a big player in the AM P&C supply chain at all but simply do not have the time to replace faulty kits (and therefore also potentially effect my reputation) so did a LOT of homework and spent a lot of money prior to selling a single kit. Simply replacing faulty kits (like the larger sponsors on AS do) does not mean good customer service in my book. Good customer service actually involves doing your homework to prevent these faulty kits being sold in the first place.

For example the company that makes the best kits I've seen which a number of members here have seen and/or purchased also supply the following kits...

1)BBN MS260 44.7mm
2)MS440 (Nikasil plated)
3)MS460 (Nikasil plated)
4)MS441 (Mikasil plated)
5)MS660 (Nisasil plated)
6)BBN MS660 (Nisasil plated)
8)BBN 372XP (Nikasil plated)

I also had some BBN6401 kits that were excellent (you own one ;)) from a different manufacturer to the above however future kits that were supplied were crap (and completely different) so I haven't imported any since until I can be assured by my supplier that they are the same as the original kits. In fact I still have 4 here that are nowhere near the quality of that original, first batch.

If the kits people are looking at are not on this list then it's simply buyer beware. However simply being on this list does not guarantee good quality either as a number of manufacturers are doing these same model kits with variable quality. A good start is a brown, cardboard box as that is what the above kits come packed in.

Last edited:
The sad part is Andy that some manufacturers HAVE fixed these issues it's just that the kits having problems are more than likely from the poorer (and cheaper) manufacturers.
The better kits from the better manufacturers actually cost around 20-25% more than from the cheaper suppliers.
For example I had 44 kits come in this week and I am 99% confident that you could run through them and find not one significant fault. I'm not doing this as an advertisement for business as I have since put Randy (watsonr) onto my exact same supplier and have even said he's welcome to contact me to weed out which kits have, and haven't had issues. I'm not a big player in the AM P&C supply chain at all but simply do not have the time to replace faulty kits (and therefore also potentially effect my reputation) so did a LOT of homework and spent a lot of money prior to selling a single kit. Simply replacing faulty kits (like the larger sponsors on AS do) does not mean good customer service in my book. Good customer service actually involves doing your homework to prevent these faulty kits being sold in the first place.

For example the company that makes the best kits I've seen which a number of members here have seen and/or purchased also supply the following kits...

1)BBN MS260 44.7mm
2)MS440 (Nikasil plated)
3)MS460 (Nikasil plated)
4)MS441 (Mikasil plated)
5)MS660 (Nisasil plated)
6)BBN MS660 (Nisasil plated)
8)BBN 372XP (Nikasil plated)

I also had some BBN6401 kits that were excellent (you own one ;)) from a different manufacturer to the above however future kits that were supplied were crap (and completely different) so I haven't imported any since until I can be assured by my supplier that they are the same as the original kits. In fact I still have 4 here that are nowhere near the quality of that original, first batch.

If the kits people are looking at are not on this list then it's simply buyer beware. However simply being on this list does not guarantee good quality either as a number of manufacturers are doing these same model kits with variable quality. A good start is a brown, cardboard box as that is what the above kits come packed in.

The BB372 kit I got from you was very nice. As soon as I get all the bits together I'll be doing a detailed thread on that one.

The BB372 kit I got from you was very nice. As soon as I get all the bits together I'll be doing a detailed thread on that one.

Thanks Randy. Once these cheaper, crappier kits get weeded out then the world will be a better place :D I've seen my fair share of them over the years. Still have a number of them sitting in my shed destined to gather dust.

Matt that BB kit is definitely the nicest one I've seen to date. I still plan on doing something with it, maybe even sending it back to you after a little work if I feel it runs strong enough.

No need to send it back Andy. I promise to not tell anybody if you run it and like it :D

Bottom line......they're 1/3 the cost......so you have 3 chances to make one work. Should be a piece of cake!

Bottom line......they're 1/3 the cost......so you have 3 chances to make one work. Should be a piece of cake!

Hey on a side note Dennis are many guys in the true racing scene over in the states actually running AM kits? I know a few Aussies are starting to run them based on cost alone and are generally quite happy with the results. These are on saws that you would probably class as wood's ported though :D

Last edited:
Hey on a side note Dennis are many guys in the true racing scene over in the states actually running AM kits? I know a few Aussies are starting to run them based on cost alone and are genarally quite happy with the results. These are on saws that you would probably class as wood's ported though :D

I've heard some rumors. :msp_sneaky:

:ices_rofl:

Well if everything works out, I'd like you to run it a bit. Keep in mind I may very well destroy the kit during the my little experiment.;)

I've been able to test numbers in the 372 I wouldn't try before because of the price of the jug.

Back