Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The engineers have written the tolerances/gaps of the moving metal parts with a certain level-viscosity of oil film to fill the "gaps" to reduce friction/heat, and optimize performance.
Then a bunch of toothless rednecks get on the internet and put up their personal "recipe" of oil/gas mix, and how they know much more than the engineers and everyone else.

Hell, more oil is better!!! Or, Amsoil at 100:1 is the best!!!!! 38.2/1 is the best!!!!!!

Whatever.......

Just run what the factory engineers say and be done with it!!!!

There are too many variables to say a specific ratio should be standard across the board. You could either need more oil for racing or because of a poorly designed engine. Or it could be for targeting peak power for lower or higher rpm's. It may just simply be easier on the wallet to run 50:1.
The epa doesn't demand use of 50:1, but it may imply that when most manufacturers are now using that ratio to meet emission requirements.

Lol.
Your response was quite thrilling!!!!

So more oil means what?

Or "better" oil???????

Just toss around a random ratio and act like it means something????

I think the youngsters simply think they don’t need as much lubricant as the oldsters.

This is my conclusion based on lubricant concentration/type/quality discussions here.

I like 50:1, though my friends give me a hard time. I wouldn't put in my Zip, but I run it in my modern stock saws. I find it easier to tune and the saws run a little faster.

Would running a thicker mix help protect from ethanol damage? Doesn't seem like it. I think the main thing is sloppy tolerances want more lubrication. Still, if the carb is engineered for 25:1...
How does less oil help you you tune easier & the saw run faster?running lean will have more effect than oil ratio When the noted 2 Smoke guru's find the best result are the opposite .Sloppy tolerances are as such oil will neither do much to help but may have an adverse effect .Carbs aren't engineered for a particular oil fuel ratio they feed a mix amount through, the amount being regulated by the hole in the jet size saws tend to be tapered needle screwed in or out so increase/decrease the hole/size

I mix Chainsaw synthetic oil, walmart dino 2 stroke, and coconut oil 1/3 each at 47.25 to 1 (47.25:1) oh, and one pump of Vaseline "extra dry" hand lotion
What no hair Gel ?How can you even think you are getting PERFORMANCE :blob2::blob2::blob2: Consult Whata Plonckers book How to F***k up a 2 Smoke

The oil ratio debate will never be resolved I base what I do on many years of working on saws & racing 2 Smoke bikes (Road & circuit) some years back when the I use less oil in my mix pissing contests began I took note and did as my engine preparer suggested suffering no problems in engine failures in regard to mix ratio as my bikes were on par performance wise I stuck to them, a good few of the min oil mix brigade suffered oil engine related failures Bottom line your choice you are paying for the damage sustained by whatever the cause If you are happy & think your way is the way to go be happy with that

Back