Oil jug thugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumper

One Man Band
Reaction score
I don't expect this applies to the highclass loggers that frequent this site but ....... I just got back from Elk hunting. There were bar oil and mix oil bottles all over the logged areas. If we can carry the thing in full why on earth can't some of us dispose of the empties appropriately?:rolleyes: :angry:

Makes ya wonder, doesn't it? Loggers wonder why we get such a bad rep. I've done several jobs where there was previous "logging"(more like high grade rape) done and the landings are always full of merchantable logs left to rot, bar oil,transmission fluid containers,hydraulic buckets and god knows what else.:angry:

I hear you. Whats hard to understand is this would be one of the easiest things to change that would give the best return on a loggers image. Each job a logger does he is leaving his signature on the land by what it looks like when its over with.

John

John, Exactly. The people I was up there hunting with don't pretend to know anything about forest management and are prepared to assume that the logging operation was a good thing but they see all this trash in their forest and begin to think that the radical tree huggers may have a better point than they first thought.:rolleyes:

I was just talking with my brother's brother-in-law yesterday.  He's a big-shot at a large hardwood mill about an hour south of me.  He mentioned something about refueling stations they have to bring into the woods.  They're like those baby-changing stations in public bathrooms.  You have to clean and capture all the oily chips out of the saw and everything when you refuel.

Glen

Stupid,stupid,stupid.

It's so easy to bring a trash bag in, and toss your empties in there.

Mike, down at my "lot", I had to spend 2 days hunting down and disposing of hundreds of misc. bottles/cans/jugs to clean the place up. The last guy that was there was a complete SLOB. He apparantly didn't know how to sharpen a chain either, 'cuz I ended up picking up about 50 of them. Too bad they wouldn't fit anything I run... =(

Unfortunately, there are "slob" versions of every profession on earth. I do find it particulary discouraging when some of the woods brethren leave such a poor image out there for the world to see - :angry:

It's always great to fine an oil filter or two across the road from a cut. Yeah I hope the oil jug thugs are a dying breed

Back