Oil Leaking Dolmar 109

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renoracing

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,

I need your help concerning oil leaking on my dolmar 109. The problem is that i don't know where the oil come from exactly. When the chainsaw is store for long period, oil puddle is formed. Item #7 in this following link is suspisious. If you have already had simalar problem feel free.

Thanks

Renoracing

http://www.makita.com/assets_product/DCS540-18/parts_breakdowns/995700564.pdf

If the saw saw for a period of time with Bar and Chain Oil in it then the suction tube has softened enough for oil to seep by. Remove the inner guide plate, dump oil from tank, remove suction tube by pulling from hole in tank, clean and dry both the tube and the tank area, I use permatex ultra black silicone around the hose then carefully push the tube back into the tank. Let cure for overnight to get a good seal then you will have the leak stopped forever.

Scott

thanks for your help,

Already try to seal it with hi temp silicon but always leak after few use. Maybe permatex ultra black silicone will help me but i have order a new suction line oil ????

Latest posts

Back