oilers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i was reading what brian said about
his 346 being h on wheels, and got me to thinking. [dangerous] ive run into the same oil problem when running saws in heavy cut.
seems like the manufactures could come up with something to really kick in the oil
in these limited situations.it would just make a gummy mess in normal cutting.
but sure would help on big stuff.jmo

I have a few old saws that have both manual and auto oiling. I don't think anything very modern has had this feature, though.
You've got a good thought, though. How much real trouble would it be for the makers to add that feature back into pro-level saws? On the same note, maybe that's why they put semi-fumctioning oilers in consumer saws...planning ahead for parts and accesory profits!

im thinking this mite be an area where the boys that soupum up can improve performance . seems if the lube is not sufficient ,it wouldnt help much to increase power.jmo. id be interested in hearing any input from the guys that modify these things. im hoping u have addressed the problem ,and know somethin to do.thanks
ps lube or lack of enough of it in heavy cut,is the big limiter on several of my saws.

I had a problem with the oiling hole on the side of the bar being too small - 32 inch canon bar on my 066, make sure that the hole is large enough and no burs for adequate oil volume. Even a strong pump will have trouble pushing oil through a restriction, especially heavy grade oil.

Latest posts

Back