oiling the bar and chain problems with the Husqvarna 536 model

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have had this for probably more than 5 years, It has not oiled the chain very well for a few. I have taken it apart twice and thought I got it going again but the oiling stops once putting it into any realistic use.1 pump installed.jpg
pump installed rubber line from rubber block goes to bar.

2 pump.jpg
The pump and the cylinder.

3 rubber part pump fits into.jpg
The rubber block the pump goes into. Part welding rod is in if for feed from oil tank.

Maybe I reached a size limit, post 2

4 whole half case.jpg
This is how much debris was inside upon opening lately. I did run it over at one point and squashed then replaced a case half, the one not, shown so this is not all the debris for the life of the saw.

5 motor.jpg
Just a picture of the motor and a 13mm wrench and Makita 5 ah battery for scale.

At this point I think the rubber block does not seal well against the aluminum pump cylinder. Or the aluminum pump bore is sloppy where the half (seems a bit less than a half really) round spins. I am open to suggestions/comments.

It seems this is virtually the same as the current 535 maybe some moisture resistance improvements. The battery pole saw still oils and has no fan except for a micro fan for the main electric module and it really has no place for debris to enter.

After the last take down and re assemble it only used 60% of the tank capacity and would not oil at all. An overnight on it's side with the bar down and it threw oil again likely won't last though.

There was an extended delay from the vendor to get the two parts. I don't intend on cutting open the original pump cylinder to see if it is worn. There seems to be some minor differences in the rubber part, the original is marked 1/12 and the part #, the replacement 5/12 and the part number. Formed in a raised fashion. It seems to oil now though not a whole lot, will update if the new parts stall out like it would prior.

new vs old hq536 oil rubber part.jpghq536 parts and wrappers.jpg

Back