Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bid 9.99 on two auctions the other one dont end for three days, watch me win both. :laugh:

I may change my name to Coffee Maker Collector. :msp_thumbsup:

Last edited:
I found a lightning strike white oak some years back, about half the bark was peeled down the trunk like a banana. The old timers would say that a lightning struck tree would keep from rotting longer once cut……….
Dad and I found a large lightening struck Pecan Tree, and about 30 feet away lay Dad's Registered Herford Bull, nose in the ground laying on all fours. We figured the lightening got him through the ground.

I finally got my truck unloaded from the Iowa GTG this morning. I had to go cut a load of wood to get through this next cold snap. They are talking 39 degrees for a high thursday and mabey a rain snow mix.:bang: It's the first of May and I haven't even planted any garden yet,at least I don't have to worry about any plants getting frostbit.

I finally got my truck unloaded from the Iowa GTG this morning. I had to go cut a load of wood to get through this next cold snap. They are talking 39 degrees for a high thursday and mabey a rain snow mix.:bang: It's the first of May and I haven't even planted any garden yet,at least I don't have to worry about any plants getting frostbit.

Hello Jim: I wouldn't worry too much about the garden. I had to plow up my corn yesterday so's I can replant it. Was going to put tomatoes in, but since that 4 day cold snap is predicted, I'll just wait till next week. Wonder if SawTroll ever gets to make a garden?

A couple good friends of mine (a father and son) finally got their 72 Nova completed after a couple years invested in building it. They took it to John T's chassis dyno to see how well it would do.:rock:

AND........................IT RUNS ON THE DREADED E-85 :cool2:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/195P2Y8uWik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Hello Jim: I wouldn't worry too much about the garden. I had to plow up my corn yesterday so's I can replant it. Was going to put tomatoes in, but since that 4 day cold snap is predicted, I'll just wait till next week. Wonder if SawTroll ever gets to make a garden?

Morning Larry,I have a neighbor who raises plants for resale. He has some tomatoe plants with blooms on them,that look really good. I plan on getting some from him next week,along with some other plants. Another neighbor retilled my garden while I was at the Iowa gtg,so I'm good to go.:msp_smile:

Morning Larry,I have a neighbor who raises plants for resale. He has some tomatoe plants with blooms on them,that look really good. I plan on getting some from him next week,along with some other plants. Another neighbor retilled my garden while I was at the Iowa gtg,so I'm good to go.:msp_smile:

rep on you. but you gotta share it with your neighbor.
never mind. IT won't let me.

Feel for ya Jim ,I gotta go put the wood back in the garage that i took out last week . They are saying 36 and a chance of fulliries friday . We got a large craft show sat to sunday late {art fest}

There are not enough descriptive profanities and/or adjectives to describe the weather coming. It's May dammit.:confuse:

that pretty much sums it up. must be global warming. or a volcano erupted half a world away that the news geeks didn't think we'd be interested in. or this winter is trying to make up for the previous winter that we didn't have.

Latest posts

Back