Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back from cutting my way to town, and back, and getting out the bucket truck, and tractor. Lost quite a few trees in my yard, and the roof off the pigeon loft.

I think all of Siloam is out of power.

All in all we are in good shape.

Tarry on.

Someone's fixin to get busy...
You know how to get ahold of me...

I just got back from cutting my way to town, and back, and getting out the bucket truck, and tractor. Lost quite a few trees in my yard, and the roof off the pigeon loft.

I think all of Siloam is out of power.

All in all we are in good shape.

Tarry on.

We are all fine here it stayed south we didn't get any wind barely got any rain. Birds go out late tonight and tomorrow night So I'm jammed up, but after that if you need anything just holler.

I sure feel for those that lost so much over in Moore.

We are all fine here it stayed south we didn't get any wind barely got any rain. Birds go out late tonight and tomorrow night So I'm jammed up, but after that if you need anything just holler.

Thanks for the update... Prayers out for all of those who need it....:sad4:

Looks like the big nasty slid right between us Stephen...
Sarcoxie and Seneca got hit hard, but no tornado I know of.

View attachment 296518
dan, hotshot, and others affected by this storm, i'm ready, willing, and able to pitch in and help as needed. all i need is to be contacted and some small advance notice. God bless yall.

It's still so clogged up this morning that I-35 north is shut down with traffic 5 miles away. I'd suggest maybe a relief fund donation, if you can.

Here's a picture I took when it was stalled out & grinding. Sounded like a freight train, even vibrating the ground.

OKLAHOMA CITY - Donations will be accepted at the News 9 Studios located at 7401 N. Kelley Avenue in Oklahoma City. Items needed include water, gloves, boots, toiletries, power bars and Gatorade. Cash will also be accepted.

News 9 will turn donated cash over to the Red Cross and target it to Oklahoma Relief. Checks must be written to Oklahoma Relief – Red Cross. People also can text FOOD to 32333 to give $10 to help with relief efforts. This is billed to your cell phone account.

Last edited:
View attachment 296518

It's still so clogged up this morning that I-35 north is shut down with traffic 5 miles away. I'd suggest maybe a relief fund donation, if you can.

Here's a picture I took when it was stalled out & grinding. Sounded like a freight train, even vibrating the ground.

OKLAHOMA CITY - Donations will be accepted at the News 9 Studios located at 7401 N. Kelley Avenue in Oklahoma City. Items needed include water, gloves, boots, toiletries, power bars and Gatorade. Cash will also be accepted.

News 9 will turn donated cash over to the Red Cross and target it to Oklahoma Relief. Checks must be written to Oklahoma Relief – Red Cross. People also can text FOOD to 32333 to give $10 to help with relief efforts. This is billed to your cell phone account.

Done.

A couple other donation sites I've seen: text REDCROSS to 90999 for $10 donation to the Red Cross, text STORM to 80888 to give $10 to the Salvation Army. The one in hotshot's post is the Oklahoma City Food Bank by the way (FOOD to 32333).

I'm not real big on texting, but it sure is an easy way to send a few dollars to those in need of it.

Thoughts and prayers are with everyone down there.

I don't have a cell phone......my wife uses Straight Talk. I'm not sure if we can text a donation or not. I'll be using the Red Cross address.......

I'm heartbroken thinking about the damage to all those families lives.

Just got through tieing a string to two 9 inch branches above (50 feet) my bedroom. My wife pointed out that it was above her side of the bed, ..........

Need a different set and take them the rest of the way out.

One of our employees' parents live in Moore. The 1999 tornado completely destroyed their house. They rebuildt where the original house sat. This tornado completely destroyed their house again. He showed me a before picture with the tornado about 15 miles in the distance and an after with the entire area flattened. There is hardly anything there to clean up. It's just gone.

One of our employees' parents live in Moore. The 1999 tornado completely destroyed their house. They rebuildt where the original house sat. This tornado completely destroyed their house again. He showed me a before picture with the tornado about 15 miles in the distance and an after with the entire area flattened. There is hardly anything there to clean up. It's just gone.

They gonna sell the lot? Or rebuild again?

Latest posts

Back