Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It takes a lot of patience to file a real good chain. I think I've done 6-8 this year for people. Most averaged 6-8 hours a piece.

It takes a lot of patience to file a real good chain. I think I've done 6-8 this year for people. Most averaged 6-8 hours a piece.

That sounds about right... Seems like I'll get about 1 side of the cutters done in an evening...
It sure don't pay to get in a hurry...
It's kinda therapeutic really...

That sounds about right... Seems like I'll get about 1 side of the cutters done in an evening...
It sure don't pay to get in a hurry...
It's kinda therapeutic really...

And that is why I bought a grinder... then rebuilt it to where it was usable.

I can't get a swing arm or RS II to get the angles I can filing. It's been a couple tenths faster with filing over grinding. Even with the grinder to get the teeth back I still put 6 hours into them.

Well I booked a room at Little Switzerland today for the 18th & 19th. Looking forward to this GTG, had to miss the last one because my Marine son was badly injured in an explosion.

Hedgerow any idea when Workshop might be able to update information for this Sep 21st cut?

Hey everybody, I apologize for not updating sooner. Been pretty hectic with the wood situation. We now have 3 areas to pick from to cut wood. The original has lots of down tree tops, another is on land that the highway department is going to be taking over to straighten CC highway by Fremont Hills. About 20 good sized trees (up to 3 feet in diameter). The only problem with the second place is location of the trees. Some close to the highway and others within falling distance of power lines. (Anybody experienced with topping trees?) But this place is probably on hold until the highway dept takes the trees down. The third place is 7 acres 3 miles from Nixa a very nice couple live on. It looks like a city park. You can walk all over it and be in shade. About 25 trees to take down from 4 inches to 24 inches in diameter. Plus he has a 4 wheel drive John Deere tractor we have access to with a front lift. This one we will have to move leftover brush to a burn pile. Plus we plan on cutting the trees and usable limbs 8-10 feet long, use the tractor to move them to a central spot, then cut them into firewood length, split and pile it. But I am waiting on the gentleman to give permission to have a bunch of saw fanatics congregate on his property. We still have tent camping available for anyone who wants to camp Friday evening and/or Saturday evening but it looks like it will be a Saturday cutting only. I will be camping Friday and probably Saturday evening too, just let me know if you want to camp.
I hope to have everything nailed down by Sunday the 8th and I will start PMing everyone with detailed directions to whichever site we will be going to.
Here is the latest list I have;
Hinerman
jerrycmorrow
diggersdad
wkendlumberjack
moody
cobey
hedgerow
worksawcollector
oliver1655

I had everyone written down on a notepad and now I can't find the silly notepad, so if I've missed someone just give me a shout.
Thanks to everyone in advance for your help. I really hope everyone has a good time while helping others stay warm this winter.
Steve

Back