Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got it home :cool: 2260

5ada7yje.jpg

I never experienced the vacuum wipers, but there's a special place in hell for the guy that invented the air powered wipers on the old deuce and a half and 5 tonner trucks. Only good part about em was the little handle to run em manually from inside.

Actually, the air powered wipers were much better than the vacuum versions. As was mentioned before, when you stepped on the gas the vacuum dropped and the wipers stopped. Long steep hills were quite problematic in my old '57 Willy's jeep in a heavy rain. They didn't have RainX back then, either.

You probably had some old worn-out wiper motors. They get old, the seals go bad...and they don't work so good. Air-wipers were built for long lifetimes on trucks that just never kept rolling down the road. Unlike the electric wipers, they generally don't have transmissions and motors that fail. Generally, they just keep getting weaker and weaker, and weaker... and then you can't stand them any longer and you put in a new motor or get a new truck.

Kinda like air brakes...they almost never fail to work, they just get weak and make you want to fix them.

Good morning folks, sitting here enjoying my fourth cup of coffee and planing my day.
Make sure to say a short or long one for all the Vets past and present.

Been working on an old David Bradley 360 ignition all week. Cleaning and checking connections and such. Put it back together today and checked for spark. Houston we have spark! Shot some gas into the carb and she started! Now to disassemble it and restore the old girl. Another GTG saw.

It just occurred to me that I left w/o paying my chip-in for the races in Ft. Scott... Matt, do you still have the record of which ones I entered and how much I owe to whom? I would like to square that up. On a happier note, I did just land a cutting opportunity about 24 miles round-trip from my house to clean out some wide tree rows. They're .25mi long each and very wide. One side is pure Hedge and the other is a mix of hardwoods and a few Cotton woods which they (thankfully) want to keep. Should keep me busy for awhile. I also may have a line on an '02 Dually Superduty C/C with a 6spd, 7.3 Powerstroke and four wheel drive. It also has a CM flatbed. I hope this works out!!! ''

Oh yeah,... HOWDY Y'all!!!

It just occurred to me that I left w/o paying my chip-in for the races in Ft. Scott... Matt, do you still have the record of which ones I entered and how much I owe to whom? I would like to square that up. On a happier note, I did just land a cutting opportunity about 24 miles round-trip from my house to clean out some wide tree rows. They're .25mi long each and very wide. One side is pure Hedge and the other is a mix of hardwoods and a few Cotton woods which they (thankfully) want to keep. Should keep me busy for awhile. I also may have a line on an '02 Dually Superduty C/C with a 6spd, 7.3 Powerstroke and four wheel drive. It also has a CM flatbed. I hope this works out!!! ''

Oh yeah,... HOWDY Y'all!!!
There was nothing official Brian...
We just chipped in the collection jar chad had...

Wow no APPs , I was gonna say you can pay me but i was not even their . If the guilt is to much take a large sum of money and send it to breast cancer of the ozarks we all like Breast . The good news ,i dont pee red any more as of sat .

I'm always a fan of saving the hooters!!! I'll get with Chad and make it right. Congrats on the not peeing red anymore. I haven't done that since the last kidney stone and don't want the pleasure of that experience ever again...

I think my shop is possessed. Went out a couple of nights ago to cut some leather for the wife. Was reaching over the pile, with a long hook (any body that's seen my shop knows that nothing is within easy reach) and got the framing square to use. Bringing it across in mid air and I swear the Devil himself grabbed that square and smacked the end of my broke finger.
/(34,)5$753()6$&@8). Translation- Man that HURT!!!! I've got 9 other fingers, missed them all.

Finally it's back up!
Hey everybody, Charity Cut III is scheduled for December 14th. It may be at the same place as before but I will be checking out another site that we may go too. Supposedly the wood is easier to get to. And we are working on having a special lunch this time. Post if you can come.
Hinerman
Sam
Diggersdad
Lurch2
Hedgerow+1
If you haven't been before, post it here and I will PM directions to you.
Bump!

Back