Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That will work out fine for me to Mr Workshop. I will be able to bring some more slaves on the 25th.
This weather does stink! Reminds me of why we may have left Michigan.

Charity Cut III - New date of January 25th, 2014

He's making a list, checking it twice, gonna find out who's coming this time, Oliver will make it - the 25th.
And so the new list begins ---->
Workshop
Hedgerow
Digger's Dad
AWOL with slaves
Oliver1655

cobey, really sorry to hear about your brother. i CAN commiserate as i had a grandson pass last year. can almost talk about it now. thanks be to God for His assurance. jerry
John T lost his brother, not me, it is very hard to lose friends and family so I try to let everyone know how much i appreciate and love them :)

A few days ago I posted I got the Lombard running, so a couple nights ago I went out to the shop (colder than a well diggers, you fill in the blank) and thought I'd fire it up and see how its doing. Set the fast idle, pulled the choke, pushed the compression release in, switch to the on position (I get the feeling I'm starting an old airplane here, so I yell "Contact".) 3 pulls and it fires right up, blip the throttle and idles good. (Feeling self satisfaction here) Let it warm up a little and start goosing the trigger a little. I need to set the high speed needle a little, open her up a few times and get the high speed set good. Rev it a few more times, 4 stroking good. Bing, bing, bap, blue flame out the exhaust and it stops dead in the water.
Oooooohhhhhh, sh--. (You fill in the blank). Just stood there looking at it. Pulled the rope, free spin. Oh no, what did I just doooooooo! Took the muffler off, it still had a piston in it. Well, that much is good. I didn't have a bar or chain on it yet, so I turned the nut on the clutch. Piston moved up and down, but no compression. ?????????? Found the compression release was activated, pulled it out and got compression. That's better. (Feelings of encouragement here) Took the recoil housing off, the flywheel was freespining. Don't tell me I stripped the flywheel, please! The nut was loose. Took the nut off, pulled the flywheel. Flywheel looks good, no damage. Whew!!! Found the key was stripped. Pulled a key from a XL12, IT FITS!! Figured out a few nights earlier I had tightened the flywheel with a ratchet and hand held the flywheel. Not tight enough. Put it back together and blipped the nut with the impact. Much better now. Pulled the rope, started right up and STILL runs great. Mojim and 67l36driver told me these things were tough as nails. Yep they sure are, I have living proof that it can survive me.

I need some advice. I have an electric starter assembly for a 10-10E. Its dirty and I would like to clean it without ruining it. Anybody know of anything to use that would be safe?

Steve: That AP-42 type works best with a 20" bar provided your thumb can keep it oiled.

Cobey has one with new rings and automatic oiling.
its a running booger too! it will pull a 20" bar buried in hedge with a semichisel
I think it will work good with a full chisel chain.. its a hog :) thanks Carl :) :) :) and super loud!

I need some advice. I have an electric starter assembly for a 10-10E. Its dirty and I would like to clean it without ruining it. Anybody know of anything to use that would be safe?

I had to look up an "E" Mac in one of my IPL's to see what it looks like. Interesting. I wouldn't be afraid to use brake parts cleaner on the flywheel armature and field coils. It's alcohol-based so it won't damage rubber brake parts. If you want to wander across the street, I can hook you up. We buy it in 55 gal barrels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was just thinking... if Im running an 80 dl chain ... thats gotta be alot more teeth to sharpen! im used to running a 60 dl chain
morning all :) keep all yer chains outta the dirt :)

Word of caution on brake & carburetor cleaners, there are several different formulas out there, read the contents before hoping they are safe for other applications. I know of a tractor dealership which doesn't allow brake cleaner to be used in their shop. They had several clutches seized up before they realized some of the mechanics were using brake cleaner to clean the clutch pads after installing the clutch. They have to use regular gasoline instead.

As Cobey mentioned, there is cleaner designed to be used for cleaning electrical components. For hard to find parts, it doesn't hurt to play it safe.

Back