Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
14 gauge tread plate is what I see on most beds. Assuming Hedge's bed is 20'x8':
- 14 ga = 600 lbs
- 1/8" = 886 lbs
- 1/4" = 1802 lbs

This is just for the plating.

why not go with expanded plate since you're already installing a hoist? really cut the weight down.
wait! is there any gubmint regulation regarding that?
Because I don't even know what the hell that is Jerry... o_O
It's gonna be cheap "relative term" flat sheets of 14 gauge...

ok. didn't think about you hauling wheat. thought just silage and wood. a definite case of tunnel thinking.

i don't know why expanded, if the holes aren't huge, wouldn't hold silage. many lawn companies use either expanded steel or welded mesh for the bottoms and sides of their clippings carriers.
the expanded steel comes in different openings and roughnesses. can be very smooth and can be very rough (as for good footing). can't see why silage couldn't be slid off a smooth, small opening expanded plate.
course, as often happens, i could be totally full of bat guano.

Evening gents, neighbor and I cut a dead red elm this afternoon, got enough to stretch out my hedge for a few days. It's been hand to mouth for burnable wood this month. Miserable weather forcast this weekend, it hit 45 today and looking at 18 for tomorrow.

Evening gents, neighbor and I cut a dead red elm this afternoon, got enough to stretch out my hedge for a few days. It's been hand to mouth for burnable wood this month. Miserable weather forcast this weekend, it hit 45 today and looking at 18 for tomorrow.
Come on down this summer and bring a trailer Jim...
I'll hook you up with all you can haul...

Latest posts

Back