Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
67L36Driver
Copper? Copper is a big No No as it swells and eventually splits as it has a low yield strength. My H.S. bud discoverd that with his '36 Ford converted to hydraulic brakes.

Yup, oil pan is about to rust thru. But, I thought all Fords leaked enuff oil to be self preserving.

Up next. Look for Mo.Jim's Titan pictures in the Antique Saw thread. It weighs as much or more than the massive weedwacker.

Locust Cutter

Locust Cutter

Sawing for Sanity
Mornin fellas...
More hay today...
View attachment 357991
Just got done stacking 100 squares of fresh brome in the barn... I need a shower.
Morning fellas! Was under my truck to replace these.
y5y7y6aq.jpg
and I found this.
upybytaj.jpg
can you tell me what's wrong with this picture? Not the oil leak, not the unhooked cable?
That's some dandy galvanic rust on the oil pan... The copper is a bit scarier though...

Oliver1655

Oliver1655

Addicted to ArboristSite
Have a great day folks!

Carl, you called it right on the lower stern drive housing. There is definitely corrosion there. But the rest of the boat is in good enough shape, I am willing to fix it. It cost more to title/license it than to buy it. When I'm done I should have less than $1,000 in it.

FYI - Boat facts :
- It's a 1969 Tom Sawyer, probably the Lark model.
(Tom Sawyer Boat Co, 1967-74, was purchased at Hannibal and moved to Richland, Missouri. The company was setup as Fiberglass Marine Inc. They were possibly built in Lebonon, MO as well)
- 16' Runabout/ski boat.
- MerCruiser 160hp GM inline 6 cylinder. (The Lark normally came with a 125 hp engine.)
- Pre-Alpha MerCruiser stern unit.
- AM/FM stero with 8 track deck.
- Hull is white & vynal interior is blue
- Needs a good cleaning but the flooring is solid & only one seat bottom is damaged.
- Canapy has a 5" rip next to windshiend but other wise is intact
- Trailer is a single axle with 4 bolt hubs. Tires were 13-6 replaced with R175/80-13, 6 ply

These photos are not my boat but look real close. (There is too much stuff in the way in my shop to get good photos.)001.jpg photo1.jpg photo13.jpg

Attachments

• 002-1.jpg
    002-1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 6