Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Carl. A picture will help a lot to sort this critter out. I'm looking to make this one one of my (many) Charity Cut worksaws. :rock:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is Charity Cut?

Going to bed now. Gotta get up early as usual. Didn't get to play with chainsaws today, but got a good lead on where I can find some abandoned carcasses and new Stihl parts....... More to follow on that one. Bought me a set of gearwrenches for the second 2-stroke kit too. Night all.

dibs on running it Steve :) naaaaa Ill probably keep useing the little orange echo when i gets tired out :p
that 670 would have been nice at the last cut with the bigger wood... I wouldnt had to run the 610 mac so much :)

Going to bed now. Gotta get up early as usual. Didn't get to play with chainsaws today, but got a good lead on where I can find some abandoned carcasses and new Stihl parts....... More to follow on that one. Bought me a set of gearwrenches for the second 2-stroke kit too. Night all.
we get together as a group and cut wood to help less fortunate heat there houses. alot of fun, hanging out, visit, and play with saws :) :) :)

Thanks Carl. A picture will help a lot to sort this critter out. I'm looking to make this one one of my (many) Charity Cut worksaws. :rock:

Black wire from pickup module on top goes to kill switch. Light yellow wire goes to coil on bottom. Drape wires on fan shroud as shown so the flywheel don't eat 'em.

IMG_0081 (Copy).JPG

How the pic. got turned, I dunno. Site has been acting really fruit lately.

So are there going to be any charity cuts within about 350 miles of Wichita anytime soon? I think WKY might be a bit further than I can do anytime soon...

S
we get together as a group and cut wood to help less fortunate heat there houses. alot of fun, hanging out, visit, and play with saws :) :) :)

Sounds like a nice program. When is the next one? Sometime in the fall? I'm not very experienced, but I've cut wood before. Time and gas money would be my limitations. Thanks.

We cut and split wood for people who cannot do it themselves, cannot afford to purchase wood, and cannot afford propane. We do it for an organization called Hearts to Hearth. They delivered 315 truckloads for free this year. We were responsible for processing 80-90% of that wood for Hearts to Hearth. Hearts to Hearth works with the Community Food Pantry to connect with those in need. There is a sign up at the Food Pantry for people needing firewood. Here is a video from a news station who ran a story on us:

View attachment 359663

Picked this up from the scrapper today. P/C looks to be perfect. Pulled the top cover off. Hmmmm, no coil wire. Pulled the recoil off and removed the coil. Hmmmm. I can't even see a place on the coil where a coil wire would have been. Am I missing something? (Besides the obvious missing coil wire) I know the coil has SEM imprinted on it. Is this some kind of weird ignition setup? Anybody got a coil for this?

You will like it. I need to start shopping the scrap yards.

Only a few more days of cool weather left in the forcast. Lets get 'er done Jim

Test run for the Poulan XX after the noise curfew is lifted this morning (8am). Then a trip to Orschlens to find out how the chain brake on the 300EVL is supposed to work.

Morning fellas I was blessed with a side swipe of my trailer yesterday, I watched them do it and drive off!
egupagug.jpg
rydumeqe.jpg
. Dumbasses... Thankfully they didn't get full on and ruin the whole works!

I know a guy that might trade a nice S/P Lawn Boy for that and mabey even sweeten the pot.
Yeah, that's a deal that might just work out. ;)
Black wire from pickup module on top goes to kill switch. Light yellow wire goes to coil on bottom. Drape wires on fan shroud as shown so the flywheel don't eat 'em.

View attachment 359696

How the pic. got turned, I dunno. Site has been acting really fruit lately.

Ok, I see now. I'm missing that second coil that the plug wire comes out of.

So far, normally the charity cuts here in Missouri are in the Springfield area. In Iowa, at Doug & Marcy's in Waukee on the west side of Des Moines. However if you were wanting to set up one up on the east side of Kansas, I am sure there are several here who would be willing to participate.

Are these coils actually separate? Or do they come as an assembly. $75 wouldn't be too bad a price if they came together. Don't know if I could sneak that by the lady of the house, though. :oops:

Seperate. Bend over.

Jim: Have you tried the J-red dealer in Cameron?

Also, I have need of the small Echo clutch romoval tool. Got to get into the chainbrake on the 300EVL and I think I have another broken spring on the CS 3000 #2.

Seperate. Bend over.

Jim: Have you tried the J-red dealer in Cameron?

Also, I have need of the small Echo clutch romoval tool. Got to get into the chainbrake on the 300EVL and I think I have another broken spring on the CS 3000 #2.
That dealer in Cameron (Dee's) is as bad as ole Randy.

Latest posts

Back