Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far, normally the charity cuts here in Missouri are in the Springfield area. In Iowa, at Doug & Marcy's in Waukee on the west side of Des Moines. However if you were wanting to set up one up on the east side of Kansas, I am sure there are several here who would be willing to participate.

Well, Waukee and Springfield are equidistant from me, so as long as there is a post put up when it is, then I'll do my best to make it. If my brother-in-law lets me borrow his trailer, I can bring that to help haul more wood (I have an 8 ft bed regardless).

Also, I have need of the small Echo clutch romoval tool. Got to get into the chainbrake on the 300EVL and I think I have another broken spring on the CS 3000 #2.
This one?

upload_2014-7-18_16-54-23.png

I happen to have one, but getting it to you might be the hard part. You could probably buy one/make one cheaper than I could ship or drive it to you, lol.

Gritz, most of the time we focus on cutting & splitting. Later others take care of the hauling. We do love having trailers on hand to fill but not if they can not be left behind.

Saws, splitters, positive attitude are the biggest things needed. Depending on locations, 4 wheelers with dump beds on back are handy.

The Iowa charity cut site has most everything on hand already & there are locals who bring splitters.
However Super Splitters are never turned away.

Went over to Warsaw, Mo. To take my cousins boy home couple days ago and came home with a stray.
ty6yheve.jpg
he gave it to me and said it runs good but needs a rope and a chainbrake handle.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Gritz, most of the time we focus on cutting & splitting. Later others take care of the hauling. We do love having trailers on hand to fill but not if they can not be left behind.

Saws, splitters, positive attitude are the biggest things needed. Depending on locations, 4 wheelers with dump beds on back are handy.

The Iowa charity cut site has most everything on hand already & there are locals who bring splitters.

No super splitter here. I do have saws. I'll keep an eye out for when you guys get together for it.

No super splitter here. I do have saws. I'll keep an eye out for when you guys get together for it.
You can bring those saws and yourself down to Fort Scott, ks on the 27th of Sept. for our races and gtg. We would be very excited to meet ya!

This one?

View attachment 359740

I happen to have one, but getting it to you might be the hard part. You could probably buy one/make one cheaper than I could ship or drive it to you, lol.

Thanks but Mo.Jim is just seven mile south of me and he has everything. He had that clutch off in a heartbeat and then we tinkered with my Jonnyred 630 and Echo 3000.

Thanks Jim!

Workshop: Pull the recoil off that 670 and shoot a pic. Send it to me on my phone and/or post it here. Let's see what you got.

R&R the chainbrake mech. on the 300EVL. Got it working again. Took a good while to figure out the secret handshake to get it back together. I don't think a normal push would set it. I bet 50#+ to get it to trip. Should have just throwed the parts away.

You can bring those saws and yourself down to Fort Scott, ks on the 27th of Sept. for our races and gtg. We would be very excited to meet ya!

Well, that will give me something to work toward. I don't think I'll compete in any races, but I can watch. I just need to get a bigger bar for the 660 first.

Morning Carl.

Hope everyone has a great day.

I get to put in a 14+ hour day today but I'm off the next 3.

Waiting for Hedge to post some photos of their Minnesota adventure.

Good morning. Couldn't sleep. Thinking of what I need to pack for this weeks camping. Hope to visit some pawn shop while driving across northern Iowa looking for ? Plus need I to make some more loops of 63 PS chain for a AS member before I leave.

Morning everyone! Just got off of work and am getting ready to go to bed. gotta stay up until Dad gets awake as I found him a (newer) wood hauler and I need to let him know before my diesel tech sells it. Steve won' t approve though as it's a Ford, but everyone's got to have a vice... LOL

My two year plan includes a 20' 14k rated equipment trailer this coming tax return and a Special Edition S.S. on the following one. I'm kind of like Sam-tip here in that if big is good, bigger is better... LOL

Latest posts

Back