Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the 175 was from the original schoolhouse in Siloam, there was a big tree on each side. The school burned down in the '30s or something, and we found corresponding damage that agreed. Also it showed a drought when the old timers remembered it. (10 year dry spell)

Kind of neat. It died of natural causes.

I'll bet the cutters are about half gone at least, right?
ya they are at least a 1/3 gone and have really agressive angles and oddly sharp my brother in law messed it up with a grinder
and I used a tiny file to open the gullets, and it has a small chassis :)

i think its a homelite chain, the 650 chad runs has the same chain, but full chisel
the links and rivots are kinda flat

Nice firewood there!
Wonder what killed it?
It is really good firewood, after a couple days beside the stove, it's ready to burn. It almost makes me feel bad to cut such beautiful wood just to burn it, but maybe it will make a couple nice, short slabs.
I don't know what killed it, but it was old enough for it to possibly have been a natural death.
IMG_20141216_152924_906.jpg

Since most of my wood is relatively clean, I use full chisel most of the time. Thank God for a tractor with forks/grapple, bucking trailer & splitter with out-feed tables! I can normally pick-up & keep the logs/wood off the ground.

For stump work I use semi-chisel with a hard nosed bar.

Since most of my wood is relatively clean, I use full chisel most of the time. Thank God for a tractor with forks/grapple, bucking trailer & splitter with out-feed tables! I can normally pick-up & keep the logs/wood off the ground.

For stump work I use semi-chisel with a hard nosed bar.

It is really good firewood, after a couple days beside the stove, it's ready to burn. It almost makes me feel bad to cut such beautiful wood just to burn it, but maybe it will make a couple nice, short slabs.
I don't know what killed it, but it was old enough for it to possibly have been a natural death.
View attachment 387212

That would be my age.........LOL

However, the worst case of firewood abuse I have ever seen, was a Californian bought a lot in Idaho, bought a log package from Metals 406 s neighbor, and hired some locals to assemble it. After a few days of clearing snow to get to work, he gave up, gave the package to the helpers, and went back to California. :whoopee: !

Being so poor, the only thing they could come up with was to cut it up for firewood. They got $ 3000. delivered.

The package was $ 80 K, and very nice.

There you go. :)

PS I wasn't one of ANY of those people, just a spectator.

That would be my age.........LOL

However, the worst case of firewood abuse I have ever seen, was a Californian bought a lot in Idaho, bought a log package from Metals 406 s neighbor, and hired some locals to assemble it. After a few days of clearing snow to get to work, he gave up, gave the package to the helpers, and went back to California. :whoopee: !

Being so poor, the only thing they could come up with was to cut it up for firewood. They got $ 3000. delivered.

The package was $ 80 K, and very nice.

There you go. :)

PS I wasn't one of ANY of those people, just a spectator.
Holy cow... That would make me cry...

if anyone has any old homlite 3/8 full chisel chains im looking for a few, they have an H in a box on the tie straps

Evening everybody. Just got home from watching the 7th grade band put on a Christmas concert. My oldest granddaughter was in it, sawing away on her trombone. :)

Same deal here. Granddaughters school program tonite. Grandsons is during the day Friday.

Finally getting some grub at Perkins. About to fall over from hunger.

Us skinny guys don't eat lots but eat often.

Latest posts

Back