Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you're feeling better Thomas.
Spent yesterday afternoon splitting up this tree service stuff. Took an hour to get the splitter engine warmed up enough so it would start. Had to cover it up with a blanket and heater under it.

This is what a neighbor dropped off yesterday...

image-jpg.392155

Good grief...

That must have been what an old XL12 I've got was used for. Black nasty stuff with hair in it blocking the engine cooling fins. Didn't smell, but was the devil getting that stuff cleaned out.

Charity Cut 9
Hey everybody, looking at January 24th for the next Charity Cut. Probably same place as the last one, but I'll leave that open, for now. Kind of hard to believe this will be #9.
Seems like we started doing these just a couple of months back, instead of almost a year and a half ago. Also, I have to meet a friend of mine who has some acreage down in the National Forrest, should be interesting, but have to check it out first.
Anybody game for this one? I am.

Workshop +1 or more.

I've heard of guys quartering larger animals like that. One mentioned using vegetable oil so as not to taint the meat.
sawsall works way better!!! bone chips can make a meat mess, granddad quartered a big bull out of season with a chainsaw, random bone chips turned up everywhere
by them their buchering was sloppy at best... unsanitary at worse

Back