Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is water base. Aluminum or magnesium will not come out shiny. Cleans very well.
Leave it in longer, it will take paint off if left for hours. But no it won't polish stuff.
Also for heavy build up I have used The Works drain cleaner, you have to be more careful on timing with it but it WORKS great!

It could be the pickup coil in the distributor also. I believe that involves yanking the distributor out tho and disassembly of the distributor if memory serves me right.
Umm, Gm pick up coil you have to pull distributor, then shaft to change. It's been a while, but I think this is a Ford EEC 3 or EEC4 ignition. Shouldn't have to pull the distributor to change it. However, if pick up coil is bad, due to tiny broken wires, you won't get a spark at the coil. Common problem on GM HEI ignition for intermittent dieing, to test is with engine running to pull the vacuum advance hose from the vacuum advance chamber and plug it back on repeatedly, causing the pick up coil to advance and retarded. If the engine dies, bad pick up coil. In this instance we have a coil creating spark, thus pick up coil is good. It's sending the proper on off signal to the coil. Coil wire, cap and rotor (new) would affect all cylinders, plug wires, individual cylinders. My understanding is no spark to any plugs, thus coil wire. I have been wrong before, though.

image.jpg This thing is the pulse fuel pump off of my Clinton saw, the rubber nipple looking thing is cracked, anyone know a part # or source?

Thanks Chet, you da man!
26936863065829535ae72bc814ad5793.jpg

Back