Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning gents. No rain in the forecast for a while, thankfully. The ground at my house couldn't take any more. It was puddling in the low areas yesterday and took most of the day to soak in once the rain stopped. It will be nice to dry out for a few days.....though I'll be in Tennessee all week for work. 30 miles from Nashville....I might find a little time for some sight seeing and honky tonkin'.

Well, some of them are, in some respects - but no current ones are in all respects. ;)

There is no current model that I would really want, but there has been.
Well put! I'd take an 064, 084, 044, 046 but that's about it...... The rest I'd sell to someone that thinks they are the greatest........

Well, some of them are, in some respects - but no current ones are in all respects. ;)

There is no current model that I would really want, but there has been.

Well put! I'd take an 064, 084, 044, 046 but that's about it...... The rest I'd sell to someone that thinks they are the greatest........

I like it. that you two are so one sided . they are such money makers. :D:D:D:D

It would have to be the early versions of the 064, 044 or 046 of course, and I have no use for the 084.

The ones I was thinking about mainly was the 056Mag II and the (Euro) MS361 though (mine got stolen). ;)

A great feature of the 056 is the outboard clutch, so it handles much better than the 066/660 - specially with heavy bars (my brother has both).

We fix and flip Steals to feed our old magnesium habit.

About the only one I'd keep a while has been the 028 so far. But we don't cut or burn wood on a regular basis.

Welcome to the Midland Troll!

Thanks, I have been here before, just thought it was time to make another visit! :D

When is the next GTG?

We fix and flip Steals to feed our old magnesium habit.

About the only one I'd keep a while has been the 028 so far. But we don't cut or burn wood on a regular basis.

Welcome to the Midland Troll!
That 661 ran pretty good. It was closer to my 385 than I expected. It's too bad those aren't standard carb saws.

Went fishing with the wife and boys yesterday. Nothing fancy, just bank fishing with worms and bobbers. Went to a local park, a harbor on the Arkansas River, and a bay on Lake Ft. Gibson (about 20-24' above normal). I was sitting on a picnic table and fishing in some trees. Sam caught 1 perch at the park; I caught 1 perch at the Ark. River; Sam caught 2 more perch at Lake Ft. Gibson, I caught 1 more at Lake Ft. Gibson, and Isaac finally caught his first after 7 hours of fishing.

We were getting ready to go and Isaac started crying cause he hadn't caught anything and I had to break his line because he got hung up. I took Sam's pole and put the line at the base of a tree under water (for Isaac). The perch were camping around the base of the trees. Isaac started getting a nibble instantly, then nothing, nibble, then nothing, wait, nibble, nothing for a minute or so, nibble, nibble, nibble, I started praying to God in my head "put a fish on the hook please", hard nibble, "Now Daddy", "no, not yet, wait until it goes under", nibble, nibble, nibble, then wait, hard hit, "now Dad", "NO", pray, nibble, nibble, I lost faith and thought it wasn't going to happen, BOOM, bobber goes under, "Now Isaac", fish on and on land!!!!!!! He was smiling, jumping, and screaming. Made my day. I slept good last night.

Any of you ever messed with a air compressor that was locked up?

Matt I proved that a cylinder don't have to be any where near perfect to pump air just wished I would have taken pictures.
It was Ugly pitted .
Mine was locked up when I got it..
I Emory clothed the crank and greased the rod ends when I put it together.
Been running ever since.

Back