Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peanut butter has never worked consistently for me. The smart ones clean it right off. Cheese, on the other hand, never fails IMO.

I hope that wind blows and blows. I need my wood and woodlot to dry up a bit.
when you are sufficiently po'd you can get him with some of that sticky trap stuff. one foot in that stuff and he's trapped forever. if you try to remove him from the trap you will leave his foot there. go ahead, ask how I know.

when you are sufficiently po'd you can get him with some of that sticky trap stuff. one foot in that stuff and he's trapped forever. if you try to remove him from the trap you will leave his foot there. go ahead, ask how I know.

Yes, the sticky traps work as advertised; there is no escaping them. I prefer the conventional traps that kill 'em on contact, and are reusable.

He slipped up just a while ago and got his neck wrung. Mouse 2 : Me 1, but I still win.
They are crafty. They'll lick so lightly at peanut butter and cheese and get it all 90% of the time. If using a spring type trap that most folks use, take a small piece of pecan/walnut and wedge it into the little toothed barrel that holds the bait...they can't stand it...they'll go to gnawing to get at it...and pretty soon the 'hammer' comes down. It'll get'em every time...guaranteed.

Yes, the sticky traps work as advertised; there is no escaping them. I prefer the conventional traps that kill 'em on contact, and are reusable.
If you want some sheer entertainment, Toss the live mouse and sticky trap outside for the cat to deal with..
Now THAT'S fun!!
Cat pounces, gets stuck, sheer terror for the cat... But he can't resist, so he just eats the mouse down to the feet like 4 little popsickle sticks...

Had a Vole get into the house one time. Got the bright idea of using a 22 bird shot on him. Spent an hour cleaning guts off the wall in the den.
Not to mention what Goldie thought of the whole idea.
Step dad once took out a rat in the house with the .357 in the middle of the night. What a way to be jolted awake for a 12 year old! Never forget that one........

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Had a Vole get into the house one time. Got the bright idea of using a 22 bird shot on him. Spent an hour cleaning guts off the wall in the den.

Probably sounded like a good idea at the time.

Mouse tip #1: If you have a car/truck that sits for extended periods, check all over the engine bay and exhaust for nests.
More than a few have been burned to the ground 'cause of the little m'f'ers.

Those little buggers are money makers for us. We've had the same vehicle towed in the next day after repairs with the same harnesses eaten up.

Had a Vole get into the house one time. Got the bright idea of using a 22 bird shot on him. Spent an hour cleaningguts off the wall in the den.
My dad has a scar on his head from shooting rat's in an abandoned house
And having something fly back and hit his head

Back