Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not necessarily, but it could be. Any active threat is a terrorist of some sort IMO.

Absofreakinglutely

This^^^^, an "active threat" means somebody, (whether it be a "terrorist" as we know it, a disgruntled employee, or some misguided teenager, etc.), who is active (meaning in the process) of inflicting mass murder in your facility, institution, or building. Think Columbine, Virginia Tech, Ft. Hood, and yes, the recent ISIS/terrorist attacks; unfortunately there are many more examples. There is no warning; you are basically a potential victim in the vicinity when it goes down. Help is not expected to arrive for 5-10 minutes or maybe longer, which can be an eternity in this situation.

I.E.

Never comply..

Always fight... By whatever means necessary.

Wife just called, No pork butts in town. She's bringing a giant pork loin home? Last smoked loin I had was dry! Maybe I need to wrap it up good with bacon? You ever smoked one ?

Mitch Weber made the very best one in Iowa I ever had.
I have done it after trying the one he did.

Whole loin fat side up.
Smoker at 225-250 ish.
Brush oil on loin then sprinkle sea salt, black pepper, and a little garlic powder on both sides.
(oil helps to stick spices on)
Meat thermometer in thick end.
Cook with dry oak for low smoke
Should take about 5 hrs to reach internal temp of 135-140
Pull and wrap heavily with foil.
Slice when ready to eat.
Key is the time/temp/ then wrap and rest.
Stuff is like meat candy.

Mitch Weber made the very best one in Iowa I ever had.
I have done it after trying the one he did.

Whole loin fat side up.
Smoker at 225-250 ish.
Brush oil on loin then sprinkle sea salt, black pepper, and a little garlic powder on both sides.
(oil helps to stick spices on)
Meat thermometer in thick end.
Cook with dry oak for low smoke
Should take about 5 hrs to reach internal temp of 135-140
Pull and wrap heavily with foil.
Slice when ready to eat.
Key is the time/temp/ then wrap and rest.
Stuff is like meat candy.
Thanks Matt. I will run with that.

Mitch says the heating time of 5 hours gently up to just barely 140 is the kicker to juicy yet fully cooked.
Anyone who had it at the Iowa GTG would agree.
Best pork loin I've ever had.
I think he served it with some sort of cranberry stuff to dip it in to.
Who'da thunk that would have tasted good?
But it did..

I.E.

Never comply..

Always fight... By whatever means necessary.

That is an option. Not one they recommend unless it is a last resort; then it is on like Donkey Kong. There are the 3 E's; Elude-run; Evade-hide and be quiet; Engage-be quick, decisive, and as you said "whatever means necessary"...

Latest posts

Back