Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stock LGX is round. I think it reads like this:

562xp:
Stock LGX round.
Stock LGX round, that is stone ground (by grinder)
Stock LGX round, that is stone ground (by grinder) with gullet material removed
Stock LGX round, that is stone ground (by grinder) with gullet material removed and cutter tails nipped
Stock LGX round, that is stone ground (by grinder) with gullet material removed and cutter tails nipped, and square filed (by the master)----2.6 seconds with the 562

Same chain with 346xp: 2.15 seconds :rock:

Matt is just showing the progression of the performance increase with each modification of the chain. And, he is bragging a little about his mildly ported 346. The performance increase by removing of some of the gullet caught him off guard.

Matt, correct me if I am wrong on any of this :)
wow! impressive.
now, for those of us not so tuned in to chainology, me, please provide visual clues regarding outside the cutters, gullet material removed and cutter tails nipped.
thanks much

Stoned = stoned outside of cutters..
Still factory sharpened round cutters.

I fixed my post

wow! impressive.
now, for those of us not so tuned in to chainology, me, please provide visual clues regarding outside the cutters, gullet material removed and cutter tails nipped.
thanks much

I edited my post. Matt will provide pics. Yes, it is impressive, very time consuming, and not practical for everyday use. These chains are for one thing and one thing only....racin'

I have always thought race chains were goofy looking. Now I understand why.

Back