Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked at the doppler and it looks like you Kansas boys are getting hammered. I was hopeing it would stay on your side of the river but it's here now.
This puts a end to my wood cutting for a few days. I did get a big load of hedge thur. and a decent load of red elm yesterday. I have a good stash of oak,hard maple and walnut,but it is too green to burn at the present time. I love hedge,but anyone who cuts it to sell is working for short wages "Matt". That stuff is as brushy as mulberry.

Funny you mention that Jim... I just delivered a fella a gooseneck trailer full of hedge first thing this morning... And have been splitting wood in the rain all day... I'm soaked, and tired...
This splitter is just too slow... I can cut in 15 minutes, what it takes me 2 hours to split...:bang:

Funny you mention that Jim... I just delivered a fella a gooseneck trailer full of hedge first thing this morning... And have been splitting wood in the rain all day... I'm soaked, and tired...
This splitter is just too slow... I can cut in 15 minutes, what it takes me 2 hours to split...:bang:

Just unloading the equip trailer load of wood post rain sucked. I'll split in the rain when/if I have to, but that's not fun and can be a bit dangerous when running a hyd splitter depending on the surface grip on the foot of the splitter... I have no envy for 'ya!

View attachment 209802

View attachment 209803

View attachment 209804

View attachment 209805

View attachment 209806

Don't know the order these came out in, (can anyone tell me how you get them to open up and display properly please?) Either way here's prat of yesterday's Oak haul, the birds, the buck, and maybe one of my3 little "helpers"!!!!!
Like this
209802-imag0023-jpg
209803-imag0024-jpg
209804-imag0035-jpg
209805-imag0040-jpg
209806-imag0041-jpg

I think buckeye is hard to find wood.

View attachment 209802

View attachment 209803

View attachment 209804

View attachment 209805

View attachment 209806

Don't know the order these came out in, (can anyone tell me how you get them to open up and display properly please?) Either way here's prat of yesterday's Oak haul, the birds, the buck, and maybe one of my3 little "helpers"!!!!!

Nice pics. I envy ya. Here in WI the limit is one rooster per day.

To try to be a little bit on topic, have y'all figured out a spring date yet? I'm in favor of March, when it might be a bit muddy down there, but it could be azz deep in snow and 0°F up here yet.

Nice pics. I envy ya. Here in WI the limit is one rooster per day.

To try to be a little bit on topic, have y'all figured out a spring date yet? I'm in favor of March, when it might be a bit muddy down there, but it could be azz deep in snow and 0°F up here yet.

We are kinda waiting on wiggs to set his so we don't have it the same weekend

Latest posts

Back