Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw lots of geese flying south Friday, so something's up in the North. :)

Too bad I don't have time to go duck hunting. I have a pretty good duck hunting spot.

Of course, I can't compete with pheasant hunting. :)

I saw lots of geese flying south Friday, so something's up in the North. :)

Too bad I don't have time to go duck hunting. I have a pretty good duck hunting spot.

Of course, I can't compete with pheasant hunting. :)

was they flying in a v shape

Hey guys, what's going on? Long time no see.

I am actually working on a saw today! Been a long time. A friend of mine bought a 361 from me a while back, and his new chain had come off, and after he put it back on, it would not slide in the bar groove. Turns out several of the drive links are bunged up. I've been trying to file the burrs off, but there are a goodly number of them. I have no idea what happened when the chain came off. I suspect it may have been a small rock got sucked up in there somehow.

When you guys run across burred drive links, do you clean them up or just put on a new chain? Is there an easy way to clean these up? I haven't found it, if there is. Good cold rainy day to be fiddling with a chainsaw. Hope everyone is staying dry.

I've cleaned up a few with a dremel and a wide, flat wheel. It's been my experience that when 6 or 7 drivers in a row have been chewed up so much that it's taken material away you're better off to put on a new chain and toss that one. Ones that aren't damaged too bad have cleaned up nicely and ran just fine. That was on an 041 running 3/8 full chisel. Just my .02.

Those white geese can eat something that makes it so bad when you cook them, you have to get a motel room.

(true story)

A few years ago I ran up on a goose standing in our creek about 25 yards away, an easy shot. I had my gun, but a quick memory check, I could not remember ever eatin any goose that tasted good. I just walked on home and got a bag of fish out of the freezer for the fry pot. Yes it was good...
:msp_mellow:

They just sold a echo 610 twin on ebay for $610. I might give that for pristine JD. :msp_unsure:

Finally tore into a Stihl to see what makes them so popular. Stihl can't figure it out:)

63bf6269-af10-65be.jpg

63bf6269-afde-d692.jpg

BTW anybody got an IPL for it?:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice birds... Gotta love this wetness we got goin on... Where was it in July???:bang:
Yeah,... Would have been nice for the livestock and game...

Good choice in bucks too... Just plain funky there... (-:
Man... Ya just gotta love them Helpers..
Thanks! I figured I was doing the local gene pool a service and making it easier for the trophies... Plus he kinda reminded me of the little dog in the movie" How the Grinch stole Christmas" with his funky antlers. He'll taste good either way and should look good on the wall. We're going back out in a bit to see if we can get a buck for my little brother and hopefully fill my Doe tag. We'll see.

Looks like you been busy. Nice pictures.
I've been staying occupied. I was hoping to get 5-6 cords cut while on vacation (and when not pursuing deer) but this rain has stifled that idea. At least the haul of pre-cut Oak was something.

God how I hate that 4 letter word,but it's better than freezing rain I guess:(:
Amen

Nice pics. I envy ya. Here in WI the limit is one rooster per day.
To try to be a little bit on topic, have y'all figured out a spring date yet? I'm in favor of March, when it might be a bit muddy down there, but it could be azz deep in snow and 0°F up here yet.
That's almost not worth the pursuit. The limit here is 4 roosters per day, but you can haul 8-10/day (if others give you theirs)... It's kind of goofy how that works.

I hear of all these cheap saws. When I'm buying, they are in worse shape and cost more.

I must have been born yesterday, where's my birthday rep?

Latest posts

Back