Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How have you guys managed without me?

Cutting some 36 inch oak today, and yesterday. Have to work on 3 saws first. :(

Been really busy, doing nothing.

I've got the lake cleaned a bit, a much nicer location now.

I'll check back as soon as I can.

:)

Just getting by... Howdy Dan!!!

just barely. we've been on starvation diet just getting by on your infrequent poasts. is that oak vertical or horizontal? live or dead? be careful and cyhoya

Hey Jerry, I located filter elements and a top cover for that 3.7... Now, with .325 chain, how big a bar do you suppose it could handle? Ethan wants to use it as his "BIG" saw.:hmm3grin2orange: I burried the 18" bar in a 30" red elm log last night, and it just plugged right along. Actually has a little torque... Good thing too, cause it ain't got any RPM's!!!:laugh:

Hey Jerry, I located filter elements and a top cover for that 3.7... Now, with .325 chain, how big a bar do you suppose it could handle? Ethan wants to use it as his "BIG" saw.:hmm3grin2orange: I burried the 18" bar in a 30" red elm log last night, and it just plugged right along. Actually has a little torque... Good thing too, cause it ain't got any RPM's!!!:laugh:

glad to hear it. where'd you locate them in such short order? is that chain a .05 gauge? only published info i can find on this saw is the user/ipl manual. its pretty sketchy concerning bar/chain size and definitely says nothing regarding rpm's. guess you've noticed it only has the L and rpm adjustment screws, no H adjustment. was wondering what H adjustable carb would fit that thing. what rpm you running at? i'm still waiting for my air filter to arrive so i can try it out in wood. still got to take it down and clean it up. maybe we can race, eh?

attachment.php
attachment.php
glad to hear it. where'd you locate them in such short order? is that chain a .05 gauge? only published info i can find on this saw is the user/ipl manual. its pretty sketchy concerning bar/chain size and definitely says nothing regarding rpm's. guess you've noticed it only has the L and rpm adjustment screws, no H adjustment. was wondering what H adjustable carb would fit that thing. what rpm you running at? i'm still waiting for my air filter to arrive so i can try it out in wood. still got to take it down and clean it up. maybe we can race, eh?

Yeah, I noticed there wasn't a high adjustment. The low has about a ~20% effect on the way it runs at full throttle, so I put it in a vise, gave it hell, and got some blubber at full throttle. Still smooths out in the cut. Then set the idle screw to the minimum it would stay idling at.:dizzy: The chain on it was an anti-kickback chain, so I ground off the humps and filed teeth and guides accordingly. Like a dumbass though, I forgot to mic the drivers to see if they were .050... I believe they are though. And yes, we will have a turtle race at the next GTG!!!:clap:

My decals also came in for the 372!:msp_thumbup:

nice. i figure we'll give them other 61's a run for their money given as these are reed valves and therefore easily modded:msp_wink:

I might be able to figure it out, but as of now, I don't know crap about the carb on this thing. Any advise would be appreciated...:hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Yeah, I noticed there wasn't a high adjustment. The low has about a ~20% effect on the way it runs at full throttle, so I put it in a vise, gave it hell, and got some blubber at full throttle. Still smooths out in the cut. Then set the idle screw to the minimum it would stay idling at.:dizzy: The chain on it was an anti-kickback chain, so I ground off the humps and filed teeth and guides accordingly. Like a dumbass though, I forgot to mic the drivers to see if they were .050... I believe they are though. And yes, we will have a turtle race at the next GTG!!!:clap:

My decals also came in for the 372!:msp_thumbup:

Lookin good Matt!!!!!!!!

Hope u have a Stumpbroke 460 decal comin stumpy. I'm trying like hell to find one I can afford. I'd love another saw done by u!! The 371 is running great! Got about 4 1/2 gallons threw it seems like it keeps getting stronger :)!!

Hope u have a Stumpbroke 460 decal comin stumpy. I'm trying like hell to find one I can afford. I'd love another saw done by u!! The 371 is running great! Got about 4 1/2 gallons threw it seems like it keeps getting stronger :)!!

Maybe it's just me, but I swear the Stihl ultra makes the break in time 3X's as long...

Sweet, give it hell!!!!!!!

Maybe it's just me, but I swear the Stihl ultra makes the break in time 3X's as long...

Good things happin with time!!

Sweet, give it hell!!!!!!!

Good things happin with time!!

I tried to get a reading on that saw again, but my POS compression gauge bounces up around 195 lbs and bleeds off, so while I crank, the damn needle won't just ratchet up and stay...:angry: I'll find a better gauge...:msp_angry:

Latest posts

Back