Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning, Jim.

Been very nice weather all week! We got 3.5" of rain night before last. :msp_biggrin:

I sat here at work that night thinking man we are getting alot or rain. When I got home and checked my guage it was only an inch. But I guess that is better than nothing.

No luck on the skidder yet. Parts are hard to come by and expensive as all hell. Everybody got rain but me i guess. Wind and lightning. Bummer.

Thought that I would drop in and say hi to everyone!
After the drought finished off any chance of a second hay cutting, we decided to resurrect the old construction company. We have stayed really busy till last week. Following my normal luck, when the cooler temperatures finally hit, we ran out of work.:cry: I guess that a little break will help this old body recover from all the plus 100 degree days that we had.

I found out that a neighbor had traded a new MS 460(half of the second tank of gas is still in the saw) to our local dealer for a new 660. With a little trading, that 460 is now sitting in my shop.:msp_tongue: I had my heart set on a 385XP, but after Stumpy performs his magic, the 460 should work out just fine.

In other saw related news, I bought a nice 026 at a farm sale that will be my first candidate for a diy port job. I will bring it to Dan's GTG in October so that you can either congratulate or console me. Hopefully there will be a couple of stock 026/260 to run it against for comparison.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in October!!http://www.arboristsite.com/attachm...ttachmentid=249109&d=1345352763&thumb=1&stc=1

MO-Iron

Last edited:
Wow, consolations or congraduations take a bit of time, so it sounds like you'll be staying a while. :)

I've been working on the grass for you tent pushers........

I been real busy this week, sorry I haven't posted any. Steve I didn't get it in the mail this week but I will this week.

Dan you still got that bucket truck? I can't aim this one to miss a building, maybe 20 to 25 at the ground standing dead and rotten. I haven't nailed it all down yet, charity work. Maybe trade you something for use of the truck?

Such timing, I was just in your neighborhood.....

I have a couple that have to come down in my yard too. :msp_smile:

I'm loving the temp this morning too. I'm about to take the kids outside and see about fixing the actuator cable to the hoist on the dump truck. Got some wood to deal with soon and some hay as well... It would help if the dump feature actually WORKED!:bang:

Picked some oddball crap:)
View attachment 249163
aeeda03a-217e-51d9.jpg

Don't have a clue what the size or year if the saws are. The two-man bar says Disston on it. Not sure of the other bar.

Last edited:
Word has gotten out about my saw fettish.
Had a neighbor stop by and ask me to take a look at a blow down tree too big for anyone to deal with... I'll post a pic tomorrow of it... It's the biggest pecan tree I've ever seen in my life...
Gotta be over 60" at the base... I'll measure it before cutting... I got smoking fodder for 20 years!!!

Had a neighbor stop by and ask me to take a look at a blow down tree too big for anyone to deal with... I'll post a pic tomorrow of it... It's the biggest pecan tree I've ever seen in my life...
Gotta be over 60" at the base... I'll measure it before cutting... I got smoking fodder for 20 years!!!

That's a GTG log!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm…………..I'll take a hunk……………I'm smokin' a chunk of salmon with shagbark hickory right now………..

Latest posts

Back