Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend of mine modified a hay conveyor to load his winter's wood on a second story deck. Had a "V" chute and a continuous chain with two hooks on every other link that would send them up at 35 degrees slicker than snot.

Workin on that exact solution...
:msp_sneaky:

Yup... Cold here this morning... Won't be splitting though... Took the recoil apart and working on a way to make it electric start. I'm gonna tear this thing up starting 13 hp with a pull rope...

Ive got an 18 horse vanguard engine,starter went out and I had to pull start it....that bout ruined my shoulders,plus its on the side of a one ton p/u so it isnt the easiest location to pull start anything.

A friend of mine modified a hay conveyor to load his winter's wood on a second story deck. Had a "V" chute and a continuous chain with two hooks on every other link that would send them up at 35 degrees slicker than snot.

I've been thinking about that with shalie's family and friends all being farmers... I ought to be able to get one right and the make any necessary mods.:cheers:

I built one, ran it off the 'unused' oil from the splitter, worked poorly. I had it as light as possible, and too much wood on it and it would tip,

I've been looking, but never found one yet that was even close.

I would really like to have a dual purpose conveyor: I also load salt on my trucks, and there are big advantages to just turning on the conveyor rather than trying to skid-load everything. A conveyor will build a much taller pile for more storage in less area; salt is easier to cover, etc.

His looked a lot like this one. Sans wheels.

Wood-Conveyor.jpg

Shaw Bros. Quality Attachments

mine uses angle iron to 'guide' the wood. pretty simple, and the bark / pieces fall through.

Salt would take a belt rather than chain. And would have a short life, but.......

Like I mentioned, if I put too much into mine, and then none, it loads the top and will tip,. Mine will sort out the pieces and send them up one at a time. Mine is a bit short for a real dump truck ( need more chain and weight.)

Remember the 'foot' has to clear the truck too, so one can't merely put a leg on it.

Mine has flaws but it was a day (or nite) from inception to operational. The running on oil not needed for the splitter may need some tweaking. It takes real oil to load real weight.

Of course my engineering is suspect, my first (and last) helicopters I built didn't even fly. But judging by the general condition of my equipment, that is a good thing for the rest of you. :)

carry on

I have seen these hay elevator sell pretty cheap in the past $50-$100 As far as the tippy part with the weight of the wood, couldn't you just lower the end down on the side of the dump truck with a couple of feet hanging over?

[video=youtube;oHNL67rhdgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=oHNL67rhdgc&feature=endscreen[/video]

ditto here! The wood box is full, coffee is simmering, wood stove is loafing along and WET snow is falling!!! I'll take the kids out shortly to make a snow man and some snow angels!!!

Latest posts

Back