Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ditto here! The wood box is full, coffee is simmering, wood stove is loafing along and WET snow is falling!!! I'll take the kids out shortly to make a snow man and some snow angels!!!

At the plant again today... :msp_mad:

But I do have a cup of coffee...:rock:

Fired the splitter up last night...
Seems ether is the ticket on that motor when it's cold, and the oil is more of a solid than liquid...:hmm3grin2orange:

At the plant again today... :msp_mad:

But I do have a cup of coffee...:rock:

Fired the splitter up last night...
Seems ether is the ticket on that motor when it's cold, and the oil is more of a solid than liquid...:hmm3grin2orange:

Matt,
If you weren't running 90wt gear oil, it's viscosity wouldn't increase so badly at an inverse of the ambient temperature... :hmm3grin2orange: That said, it probably would last a bit longer than typical 30wt or 10W-30... Right now, 5W-30 might be the ticket in this temperature...

Matt,
If you weren't running 90wt gear oil, it's viscosity wouldn't increase so badly at an inverse of the ambient temperature... :hmm3grin2orange: That said, it probably would last a bit longer than typical 30wt or 10W-30... Right now, 5W-30 might be the ticket in this temperature...

Eh... 15-40 rotella is all I use...
Works fine in everything else, so it's good enough for the Ching a ding Honda...
It's actually the huge hydro pump and cold hydro oil that's causing the problems...
Alot of drag on a cold motor... That and it floods easy... :msp_wink:

Eh... 15-40 rotella is all I use...
Works fine in everything else, so it's good enough for the Ching a ding Honda...
It's actually the huge hydro pump and cold hydro oil that's causing the problems...
Alot of drag on a cold motor... That and it floods easy... :msp_wink:

That cold hydro fluid is a beeyotch every time. I always wanted to try somehow routing the exhaust (via isolated pipe with bypass) through the hydro reservoir to hasten warm up. But then again I wanna do a lot of kooky things.:misdoubt:

That cold hydro fluid is a beeyotch every time. I always wanted to try somehow routing the exhaust (via isolated pipe with bypass) through the hydro reservoir to hasten warm up. But then again I wanna do a lot of kooky things.:misdoubt:

I ran it for 20 min last night, and it never did warm up much...
Of course it's got 20 gallon to get warmed up!!!

I was making kindling out of the 3 year old Sugar Maple I had stashed away in my "Special occasion" section of the shop.

[video=youtube;isWqmxAF0Wg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isWqmxAF0Wg&list=UUfB03KVhJRBISPufMa8F7GA&index=1[/video]

Yes... I need to get a life...

Lisa won't let me have the hair dryer....
Besides, it's not manly enough...
I don't want to lose my man card like Mitch did...

Send the Chonda rod out the side and see if she agrees to let you keep your card.

Always used ATF for hydro back in the day, as it never really warms in the winter, and the one cylinder Briggs would fire off. Grandpa didn't believe in multi-vis in them little motors, just ran straight 10 in it during the winter. Went from an 8hp to a 12hp, many rods spent fixing the mounting plates for them vibrating SOBs.

The next piece just cleans out the wedges? Hows the wings work for a really big round?

Send the Chonda rod out the side and see if she agrees to let you keep your card.

Always used ATF for hydro back in the day, as it never really warms in the winter, and the one cylinder Briggs would fire off. Grandpa didn't believe in multi-vis in them little motors, just ran straight 10 in it during the winter. Went from an 8hp to a 12hp, many rods spent fixing the mounting plates for them vibrating SOBs.

The next piece just cleans out the wedges? Hows the wings work for a really big round?

I can replace the motor for the same money as replacing 20 gallons of universal hydro oil... I run splitters alot during hot days here, so keeping the stuff cool is more of a concern than warming it up.
The chonda was an evilbay bargain. If it lasts like the one I put in the Gator, I will have gotten all the good out of it.
If it blows, I'll put a real motor on it....
Yes, the next piece through moves the splits through the wings.

I can replace the motor for the same money as replacing 20 gallons of universal hydro oil... I run splitters alot during hot days here, so keeping the stuff cool is more of a concern than warming it up.
The chonda was an evilbay bargain. If it lasts like the one I put in the Gator, I will have gotten all the good out of it.
If it blows, I'll put a real motor on it....
Yes, the next piece through moves the splits through the wings.

Used 5w-20 hydraulic oil year around in a rock drill I ran. Worked well, but that had a hydro cooler on it. Days like today, you put a cover over most of the radiators for the machine to keep them warm enough to run-the oil would gel otherwise, especially the ATF in the compressor exchanger.

You are taking good care of my John Deere aren't you?:msp_wink:

You bet I am! I actually pulled it out & used it awhile last month. Got several strange looks from others cutting in the same area when they heard it run. Then, I brought it home & shelved it dirty...Shame on me!

glad to see you're alive and well brandon. been wondering bout ya. did ya ever get that old oly going?

Hi Jerry! The only thing I have done with that oly is put a rope in it, checked it for fire. It was yellow, but it fired. Then I put it back under the bench. Did those have points & condensors?

Back