Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, do any of you all know where I can find the link to the faller certification classes necessary for cutting government timber? I looked on the AFS site and don't see anything. I heard there is a class in Newport, Ar. but can't seem to find any info on that one either. I'm tooo OCD to wait till 2moro and call Forest Service. :blob2:

Who has the GTG Sign these days? Man that thing has been all over and to a bunch of GTGs

+1 I was wondering the same thing. I asked teacherman about it the other day and he said last he knew Jason from Jasper, AK had it but wasn't sure where it had landed after that. So it did make it to some other GTG'S? that's kinda what I had in mind when i came up with that design.

Hey, do any of you all know where I can find the link to the faller certification classes necessary for cutting government timber? I looked on the AFS site and don't see anything. I heard there is a class in Newport, Ar. but can't seem to find any info on that one either. I'm tooo OCD to wait till 2moro and call Forest Service. :blob2:

In MO we go through the Missouri Forrest Products Association. Joe Glen is the instructor.

+1 I was wondering the same thing. I asked teacherman about it the other day and he said last he knew Jason from Jasper, AK had it but wasn't sure where it had landed after that. So it did make it to some other GTG'S? that's kinda what I had in mind when i came up with that design.

It's been to TN, AR, MO, IA, KY, that I know of...

I took the title of your Missouri course and subbed Arkansas for Missouri...ours looks like a joke! I don't think it is the same deal. I looked up the one you mentioned and it looks legit! Closest date is Feb 4 in Willamsburg (sp). Going to see how far that is away from me. Thanks!

just looked it up, 4 1/2 hours due North. Now to find out if I can apply Missouri certification to Arkansas.

Last edited:
Wonder if I can get this Stumpbroke?:p
9amemamy.jpg

Stump broke or not, we will all be expecting to see it running at the gtg! Is there a brand name on that thing?

It's a Barker Rim Circle Saw made by Barker Saw Company Springfield, MO. Around a 1951 model. It came with a spare blade.

I'm pretty sure that it won't make it to the GTG as a runner. It needs a lot of TLC.

Latest posts

Back