Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked late tonight But we got the crows done. Got home carved killer hedgefest sign. Can't wait to show it to you guys. But it's too dark for pictures tonight. But here's a couple of the crows before poly.
agagy5yt.jpg
ety2ede9.jpg
yhehamu9.jpg

Sent from my SCH-M828C

Last edited:
Hello from HedgeGTG. Yep; everyone (about 25) was getting things ready, or like me, was watching them get ready, and people were coming in all afternoon. I checked into a hotel about 7pm, and refreshed. Hope to see y'all tomorrow.:)

Good times tonight! Would have loved to get there early enough to run some saws. Nice to put a face with some names!
TFB

At the hotel in Joplin, with the missus. We are loaded down with chainsaws and gumbo!
Hope they survive the night in the truck bed. See y'all in the morning.

Aarrgghhh

I'm sorry, but we will not be able to make it. I was not able to get my stepdaughter's room done, because the dang cheap flooring wouldn't snap together right, or more correctly, stay together, :angry::bang:so I'm going to get some better stuff and do it right. Bummed, but gotta do the right thing. I hope to see and meet you all next time!

I too, will be crawling around on my hands and knees today. Replacing landscape rock edging that has broken up from all the icemelt products this winter. It would seem that there is a tour next week by the corporate executives, and the minions want everything to look good.

After the rocks comes flowers and new mulch, irrigation repair (discovered yesterday), and general cleanup. One of my biggest and best customers, I can't just run off and hope it all happens monday morning.

I've been keeping them happy since 1987, and I have retired two different property managers and two different parent companies. They started out as Sunshine Biscuit, but several mergers/buyouts later, I am dealing with a really big company that doesn't play games. Let them down, and you know you are done for.

So...no fun and games for me this weekend. I was really looking forward to hanging out with the nice folks I met last time. Nobody is even going to expect me to do any work, so this GTG was particularly appealing.

The CAD you guys are afflicted by; I don't have it so bad as the rest of you. ;)

Looks nice down there. Its been raining and crappy up here in mn all day

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

Okay gang. Here's a few pics of ya.
GrandPaTractor and Andydodgegeek working out some early morning adrenaline.
attachment.php

sccarr He's a new member here on AS.
attachment.php

Look at the ole timer gettin' into it. Hey WoodDoc
attachment.php

Last edited:
I think all these great folks are from up north. Thanks to Sarah from all, for the HedgeFest Shirts. She did a great job.
attachment.php

Here's some that arrived early Friday. Arkansas' 'RVALUE'; Oklahoma's 'Work-Saw-Collector'; Missouri's 'Mo. Jim''; Oops; who can identify our other friend?
attachment.php

Freehand Slabber; That's what I knew him by aways back. Now it's just Freehand. :msp_thumbup:
attachment.php

Another terrific guy; nstueve. Did I spell that right?
attachment.php

And Moody; Young enough to handle some big saws.:rock:
attachment.php

And here's the guy who made it all happen this year. HedgeRow. A big thanks to a big guy with a big heart. Hat's off to ya Matt.
attachment.php

I ain't done Yet. Even have a video of Dave Boyt and his Saw Mill in action. If I can only figure out how to post it. That's Dave wearing the cap.
attachment.php

atvguns; Not the guy I had pictured in my mind. This'n looks alot younger. :clap:
attachment.php

Every pic I took of this feller, the name tag caught too much sun. Someone help.
attachment.php

The weather had a rainy feeling this morning, it was windy too. That didn't stop Sawnami from throwing some chips.
attachment.php

Last edited:
I hear there is going to be a really cool one in September in the bluegrass state!!!! :)

That would be great. I was within about 60 miles of your place once but it is not someplace we go very often.

That's what pissed me so much about missing this one. I drive on I 44 about every other week. Why couldn't it be this week?!? :cry:

Yeah; that was a bummer Wendall. I was looking forward to meeting you too.
Here is thinkrtinker on the extreme right talking with WKEND LUMBERJAK. John and Dave in the background.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back