Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, I've never been coyote hunting, but I'd really like to sometime. My BIL goes every once in awhile. Guess I'm not liked enough to get an invite, but he calls pretty quick if his chainsaw isn't running right, lol. I think the 25-06 would love to tear into some coyotes. My only issue is what do you do with a coyote? I guess the hide is worth something. Just don't like wasting an animal, pest or not.

I keep saying I am going to go coyote hunt have some rabbit in distress calls and a howler. Even have a spot picked out just a little hesitant cause it's not exactly remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, I've never been coyote hunting, but I'd really like to sometime. My BIL goes every once in awhile. Guess I'm not liked enough to get an invite, but he calls pretty quick if his chainsaw isn't running right, lol. I think the 25-06 would love to tear into some coyotes. My only issue is what do you do with a coyote? I guess the hide is worth something. Just don't like wasting an animal, pest or not.
something will eat them :) when they get into yer animals and stuff you would be more than happy to blast them. the last one we got my shitzoo dog
jumped it up in my dads back yard in the daytime... thats way too close, dads 3006 got him when he looked back from 250 to 300 yrds. he made the mistake of running down
our marked long shooting range. my dads a squarrel but has shot and killed more animals than most guys I know

Just shoot all ya want, and bring em down here.. I promise not to waste em...

It's mainly a pest contro thing Gritz. If you're furharvesting, is not worth the license and drive to the nearest buyer, unless you're doing it all yourself maybe. My uncle lives 5 minutes west of Lawrence on hw 40. I was there and saw 2 coyotes 75 yards (out of bow range) from the back porch and about 40 yards from a house on the n fence, 2 pm. Scary thing is that they were paying no attention to either house. 5 or 6 years ago they let their Jack Russel out and we haven't even found remains. Could happen to a small child too. Major problem when they get this brave, like feral dog packs.

My wife has seen one run down the street of our small town more than once. I can hear em howling and barking a lot in the evening just after dark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's mainly a pest contro thing Gritz. If you're furharvesting, is not worth the license and drive to the nearest buyer, unless you're doing it all yourself maybe. My uncle lives 5 minutes west of Lawrence on hw 40. I was there and saw 2 coyotes 75 yards (out of bow range) from the back porch and about 40 yards from a house on the n fence, 2 pm. Scary thing is that they were paying no attention to either house. 5 or 6 years ago they let their Jack Russel out and we haven't even found remains. Could happen to a small child too. Major problem when they get this brave, like feral dog packs.
Yup... And junior's walker and black &tan's keep them scared and unsettled..
Those hounds will eat a yote for lunch...
I love em... Our dogs are large and one has a little bulldog in him.. They do a pretty good job of discouraging totes from coming anywhere near.. Even if it is mostly a bluff..

The animal rights people have all but killed the fur business in the USA.Very few people hunt or trap them any more.They have no predators.So they overpopulate,kill of small game,get braver and hungry.Calves sick cows, cows calving, dogs whatever they can kill.I see quite a few mangey I guess if it gets cold enough long enough they will die.Remember when they had a bounty on them.I think it was ten dollars paid by the county,you gave them the ears,and kept the hide.A old frind of mine was the death of thousands of them he was death on them.O I ran my 346 today man I like that saw.

Thats good. Im glad you're keeping them scared. My dad's an old school coyote caller. We look but it's hard to find places to coyote hund around here, don't know why that is.

Have any of you used the Timberjig or something similar? I'm planning to use the MS440, milling soft and hardwoods. I have a 24 inch bar but it's 063. Should I use something like 050 and narrow kerf chain? Full comp? Thanks for any and all input. I'll probably post in the milling forum later but ever since I found this community thread, I prefer to post here.

Morning and such..... Here's last night's project, we can wash the diapers now!
d72bd2e00aa5d8d7aaccadd6af5bde64.jpg

Thats good. Im glad you're keeping them scared. My dad's an old school coyote caller. We look but it's hard to find places to coyote hund around here, don't know why that is.

Have any of you used the Timberjig or something similar? I'm planning to use the MS440, milling soft and hardwoods. I have a 24 inch bar but it's 063. Should I use something like 050 and narrow kerf chain? Full comp? Thanks for any and all input. I'll probably post in the milling forum later but ever since I found this community thread, I prefer to post here.
You can use any chain you want.. Ripping chain is the nicest finish, then semi chisel, then full chisel in that order.. But anything works..
As far as the Timber jig, the only guy I know of personally that has used one is Mike. Mdavlee here on the site..

Back