Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse Register

Reaction score
When me and my wife bought our house and started clearing some brush around it I just happened to find it sitting in a pair bushes near the side of our house. After some pulling it actually fired right up.....till the chain came off. Now I'm looking to slap some new parts on it and make it run like new. I know I need a new starter pulley and fuel tank seal but other than that those are really the only problems with the saw I can find. Already put a new bar and chain on it so I'm good there, more so just looking for some general info on the saw from others who know more about it then I do, only saw I really know is my father-in-law's 445 husqvarna. Thanks

Need a pic to see if it’s a poulan or a roper.IMG_0132.jpg look like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had several like that. I have one with the thin rings like new and a couple more very low hours right now. I sold a couple nice 3700 Poulans last year I started at $25 and gave away on Ebay (a couple parts off of them would have brought more than they brought whole). If I sell anymore it looks like I need to set a bottom end price to keep from giving them away as I don't like to do that. Those are very nice saw. They are bout equal to a Stihl 036 61cc for both. The Stihl has a little better chain speed, but those Poulans will eat their lunch in torque with the bar buried. Weight wise not a lot of difference either.

I have the red and the gray, I’m looking for poulan green and skill yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I worked on this one last year. The owner loves it and uses it whenever he can:
Craftsman 3.7 Chainsaw.JPG
The bar is a little rusty, but that doesn't seem to bother him. This saw sat dormant for 14 years in a garage. I was amazed at how easy it was to get this saw running again. For my restoration work, I charged him lunch at our favorite bar and grill.

Latest posts

Back