old Disston and Merc 2 man

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyeinstine

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here's some pics of a Disston DO-100 i have, and also of a mercury engined Disston 2cyl 2man saw.. Im posting the pics here for more exposure, but this is a carry over from a thread at EHP saw's forum on Lewis Branders collection.

Enjoy,
Ron

lewis, the first pic in this post is of the logo printing on the bar of the DO-100.. If yours is worn away, this mat give you an idea of what the original bar looked like.

Thanks eyeinstine:

eyeinstine, thanks for the pics. Would really like to get a better close up of the Disston Decal with out the glare, if possible. Both the saws look like keepers to me and look in better shape than when I got mine. The old 2 cylinder 2man saw shouldn't be bothered too much from todays gas, but the old D0-100's diaphragms will be eaten up by it. I'd just clean them up, put oil through the plug hole, crank them over to circulate and preserve them and give them a good coat of Armour All on the outside. The decals on the D0-100 looks from what I can tell in excellent shape. If I can get a closer view with no glare I think I might be able to reproduce it for my saw. Thanks for posting the pics. Appreciated. Lewis.

Lewis Brander said:
eyeinstine, thanks for the pics. Would really like to get a better close up of the Disston Decal with out the glare, if possible. Both the saws look like keepers to me and look in better shape than when I got mine. The old 2 cylinder 2man saw shouldn't be bothered too much from todays gas, but the old D0-100's diaphragms will be eaten up by it. I'd just clean them up, put oil through the plug hole, crank them over to circulate and preserve them and give them a good coat of Armour All on the outside. The decals on the D0-100 looks from what I can tell in excellent shape. If I can get a closer view with no glare I think I might be able to reproduce it for my saw. Thanks for posting the pics. Appreciated. Lewis.

Lewis,
sorry for the delay! Been real busy around here with the kids and stuff.. Anyway, heres some more pics.. I hope these will help you..
you'll see in the pics that some of the decal is flaking off. :cry:
There where complete, and i wiped my finger across them to clean the dust off for the pics, and thats what happened.. i guess the very slightly damp basement is cauing it?? Or maybe just age.. Let me know if you are able to get copies made up; i may be interested in learning more how you do it, as i may restore this someday.

Enjoy,
Ron

Disston Decals:

Thanks Ron. I've saved the decals to my computer for now. I believe the crank seal, on the grearbox side of the old Disston needs to be replaced. She's smoking to beat the band, now when I start her and as I place my finger over the vent hole I feel vacum. May work on the decals a bit, as I get time, but for now will have to tear down the old girl and see about matching up a seal. Probably will pull the seal from the flywheel side as well. If I work on the decals, I'll send you a copy of what I've done. Thanks again. Lewis.

Latest posts

Back