Old Jonsered chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMrogers

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an old Jonsered chainsaw that I have no idea of the model. I can find it anywhere. It was given to me for helping clean up a friends parents home. It is a 24" and I believe would be from the late 60's to early 70's. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCF0850.jpg
    DSCF0850.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF0851.jpg
    DSCF0851.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF0852.jpg
    DSCF0852.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 43
Any idea where I can find more information on the 49sp? I haven't tried to start it, I'm sure it hasn't been run in years. The man that owned it past in 1994. Also do you know if anyone would want an old saw like that. I have a lighter newer Huskie that I use.

Any idea where I can find more information on the 49sp? I haven't tried to start it, I'm sure it hasn't been run in years. The man that owned it past in 1994. Also do you know if anyone would want an old saw like that. I have a lighter newer Huskie that I use.

If it's a 49SP (and it sure looks like one) then a 24" bar is very optimistic. Mine normally run a 16". Also, probably about 10 years newer than your estimate. I bought my first one new in about 1982. At the right price, yes there are folks that would want it.

Hello all, I haven't had time to mess with the Jonsered 49 sp. So I'm going to sell it. As I said before, I haven't even tried to start it so I don't know if it will run. What I'm wondering is what should I ask for it. I have no clue. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hello all, I haven't had time to mess with the Jonsered 49 sp. So I'm going to sell it. As I said before, I haven't even tried to start it so I don't know if it will run. What I'm wondering is what should I ask for it. I have no clue. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Depends on where and how you want to try to sell it more than anything........ebay you might get $75.00 as parts or repair based on the info you've provided....might pick up another $5-10 if you put the shipping up there. Locally will be less...like $40.00 or so....if you can find and enthusiast. Parts for this saw are NLA so only a Jonsereds loon will even want it. Great saws but no support......have to buy saws like yours for parts to keep others running....as is with this sort of thing....the beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and how bad they need certain parts. Of course the hazard is yours may be in good enough shape that the buyer might not want to part it out so then he would need two more parts saws........don't even ask how I might know this....

Depends on where and how you want to try to sell it more than anything........ebay you might get $75.00 as parts or repair based on the info you've provided....might pick up another $5-10 if you put the shipping up there. Locally will be less...like $40.00 or so....if you can find and enthusiast. Parts for this saw are NLA so only a Jonsereds loon will even want it. Great saws but no support......have to buy saws like yours for parts to keep others running....as is with this sort of thing....the beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and how bad they need certain parts. Of course the hazard is yours may be in good enough shape that the buyer might not want to part it out so then he would need two more parts saws........don't even ask how I might know this....

Back