Old Mill Down The Road

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The WoodButcher

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
:D Hey All, I was out plunder'n today and came accross this old mill about 5 miles from the house :lol: I have heard about it but today was the first time I really saw it. I like it :D This guy is set up really nice. Log table is cool. I didn't have a tape measure but it looked like it would saw about 25 maybe 30' and thats track behind the blade. Very clean operation. 8)

DSCF1777.jpg

DSCF1779.jpg

DSCF1783.jpg

DSCF1778.jpg

DSCF1780.jpg

DSCF1785.jpg

Interesting... looks like this is a working sawmill, but when does it saw logs? Exhibitions? County fairs? Does he fire it up on regular basis? Seems like there would be several folks involved, maybe a guild or club?

Interesting... looks like this is a working sawmill, but when does it saw logs? Exhibitions? County fairs? Does he fire it up on regular basis? Seems like there would be several folks involved, maybe a guild or club?

Must be the only working mill I've seen that does not have a scrap of saw timber visible in the vicinity of the mill.

a guy up the road from me, where I can buy pine super cheap, runs a mill similar to this 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. His is now powered by a Detroit Diesel. His ancient planer is powered by a twin cyl onan.

Watching that thing run is great. It's like stepping back in time.

Cool .. looks like a hobby restoration of an old mill?

The sawdust pile would be about an hours steady sawing I would guess ;)

It's well done and set up nice anyway.

Neat Pics

Must be the only working mill I've seen that does not have a scrap of saw timber visible in the vicinity of the mill.

No pile of slabs, reject logs etc. Just a little pile of sawdust to prove it does actually work :)

Ian

Latest posts

Back