Old Pioneer ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimosawboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello All
Hopefully I'm in the right place!
Today I just picked up a few old saws, two Pioneers and one Stihl. The big bad 800 and the S-10 are straight forward, but the other Pioneer is a mystery to me.
The Id tag on it reads 66985, since I know pretty much zero about Pioneers, perhaps someone can give me a hand.
Thanks
Kimosawboy

Hello All
Today I just picked up a few old saws, two Pioneers and one Stihl. The big bad 800 and the S-10 are straight forward, but the other Pioneer is a mystery to me.
The Id tag on it reads 66985, since I know pretty much zero about Pioneers, perhaps someone can give me a hand.
Thanks
Kimosawboy

What you have there is an IEL Pioneer model RA.
Pioneerguy600

Hello All
Thanks
Kimosawboy

Ya that RA is nice. Where are you on Van Island? I'm in Victoria.

Thanks for the quick answer! Now I just have to dig into the archives and find out a little bit more about Pioneer/IEL. The history they had....
I think Sat is going to be a saw day for myself. The 800 runs fine, the Stihl needs the starter cord dealt with and the RA needs numerous parts..(and they all need a good cleaning)
Oh the fun.

Kimosawboy
Courtenay BC

Thanks for the quick answer! Now I just have to dig into the archives and find out a little bit more about Pioneer/IEL. The history they had....
I think Sat is going to be a saw day for myself. The 800 runs fine, the Stihl needs the starter cord dealt with and the RA needs numerous parts..(and they all need a good cleaning)
Oh the fun.

Kimosawboy
Courtenay BC

Nice, let us know how it all goes.

Back