Old Saw Brought Back to Life

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sleepy

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Went with a guy recently to look at a tractor and near it was this old 281XP. Was missing some parts and had been left for dead so I bought it, and took it home. It now has new Nachi crank bearings, oem seals and a new oem 288XP piston and cylinder. I opened up the muffler some and along with rebuilding the fuel system, I now have it running.
I have a 61 with a 272 top end that is strong, but it wont hold a candle to this ole girl. I probably have more in it than I could ever get out of it but that's not worrying me much, because it ain't for sale. I originally planned to get some new plastic for it, but now think I'll leave it exactly like it is. It doesn't look like much on the outside but it's pretty on the inside where it really counts.

Went with a guy recently to look at a tractor and near it was this old 281XP. Was missing some parts and had been left for dead so I bought it, and took it home. It now has new Nachi crank bearings, oem seals and a new oem 288XP piston and cylinder. I opened up the muffler some and along with rebuilding the fuel system, I now have it running.
I have a 61 with a 272 top end that is strong, but it wont hold a candle to this ole girl. I probably have more in it than I could ever get out of it but that's not worrying me much, because it ain't for sale. I originally planned to get some new plastic for it, but now think I'll leave it exactly like it is. It doesn't look like much on the outside but it's pretty on the inside where it really counts.

I love the look, ain't no shelf queen. I'd keep it just like it is.:cool:

Latest posts

Back