Old saw ID help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zero Signal

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Here are 2 pictures of my grandfather, who was a logger/forester in Denmark. I'm pretty sure the saw in the first picture is a Jonsered, the second one I have no idea. The dates are probably late 60's or maybe early 70's.
View attachment 304868

Sorry for the picture quality, as my scanner isn't cooperating so these are "pictures of pictures"

Last edited:
I have no idea what the hells going on with these pictures. I managed to orient one the right way but the other is still sideways

Thanks for the help, I knew you guys would know. I wish all his old stuff was still around, but most of it has "disappeared" over the years, or so I'm told.

I had a jonsered 80 about 12 yrs ago. I remember the clutch cover had a gray spot like in that pic, but i recall mine also had a gray top cover. Im not saying that isnt an 80, just a lil different than what mine looked like. I got mine from the original owner and know it was all original, orig paint.
Was your grandfather a big guy? To me the saw looks a little smaller than an 80, unless gramps was a brute and makes the saw look small.

I had a jonsered 80 about 12 yrs ago. I remember the clutch cover had a gray spot like in that pic, but i recall mine also had a gray top cover. Im not saying that isnt an 80, just a lil different than what mine looked like. I got mine from the original owner and know it was all original, orig paint.
Was your grandfather a big guy? To me the saw looks a little smaller than an 80, unless gramps was a brute and makes the saw look small.

The saw in the picture has the colors I would expect an earlier model 80 to have (the clutch cover was all red on late ones though). The top cover had that "silver" color on them all, but it turned more grayish when the paint was worn off.

Latest posts

Back