old saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this a test? :p (I'd be keepin' that one!)

I can tell ya this, its big, ugly, yellow, heavy, really slow and loud, probably rare, and older than me!
Once in a while I love a challenge, I didn't shine to this one though, grrrrrrrrrrr!
Almost a total lack of info on your saw including Mike's site, the closest saw I came up with there was the model 55V (>
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...a72f65e95f26494888256e49005ece5a?OpenDocument ) built in 1955. No doubt you found that one as its a popular resource for saw nuts. All the Fleetwood models seem to be 77cc so I'd hazard to guess your's is somewhere in there. Unfortunately all the other models posted there use the same picture which appears to be a newer saw. (gah!)
So I had a bit of time ta spare this evening and went hunting. I hunted high, I hunted low, probably 10 vintage saw collections, a couple of chronological manufacturer's listings (ooo fun, not!), a bunch of antique engine clubs, some more saw sites (all useless), tried probably 15 different searches for Fleetwood 'somethings', and ended up muddling around the US Patents site ( 'nother GaH! but if you can find any patent no.s on that beast it might be a lead for ya). I generally have a 100 site limit to my patience, max., man I think I got there on this one lol! :dizzy:
So, I might continue a bit but probably not. I would suggest getting in touch with AS member Lewis Brander (thats his user name too) by E-mail or PM, he's a very knowlegable guy on vintage saws, seems like a great guy but he hasn't been around for a bit. Also maybe join Mike's site and post your queries in their forums, there's gotta be info out there somewhere!

Then there was some stuff like this, the problem there is you don't really know what you're getting and it costs, but ya never know.
Vintage catalog info. maybe one place to search a bit? Quite a bit of woodworking tool ones > http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cach...+chainsaws+fleetwood&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=ca

Welp, sorry I couldn't help ya on this one, but, gut reaction is that this may be a rarity, especially with the lack of information on it, ya never know.
I go now.

:cheers: (and if you find out anything more please do let us curious ones know eh!) & BTW, as far as I could find there have been no previous sales on fleabay for any Fleetwood saws, hmmmmmmmmmmm. :D

Serge

Last edited:
Man lookin at that muffler/pipe that's got to be loud!!! How would you do a muff job on that? :hmm3grin2orange:

Cool lookin saw though, does it run?

Latest posts

Back