Old Saws and Grandmaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So today I was running my wood splitter and thinking..I've got a Sthil 026 and Sthil 024..I never use them and at my age I'd done working on anything that I don't have to..Ten years ago I loved tuning Old Saws and a few Grandmaws but at 75 I'm not interested in either anymore. SO, I decided to start down sizing..I have a neighbor who's back yard is connected to my pasture. He and his wife are in their 40's. Good kids with kids that are about ready to leave home. I know he loves my saws because I've cut some frees for him including the one I'm splitting..Once he watched me using my Sthil 029x3 (x3 is my mark, It indicates 3 modifications have been made to the saw) and he was mystified..The professional bar and 3/8 chain, Rim drive, and MM with a tune up made that crap saw into a real beast..So.. thinking about that I phoned him this afternoon. He works out of town and was not home. I asked him IF he would like to buy my Sthil 026 or 024. He got excited and said sure.. SO,, then, I landed a bomb on him..I said,,NO SELL..the phone went quiet. I ADDED...I'm gifting the saw to you for free..He was still trying to answer. I said,, You are a neighbor.. Your land and my land touch.. In my mind you are family..When you get home come choose a saw..He finally asked, ARE you sure.. I replied..I'd rather GIVE the saw to YOU than sell it to a stranger..I came up "old School"..My mom, half Native American with an Irish dad.. Raised DIRT POOR, on a small farm. Worked like a Mule. About the only thing I had of value was my self respect and sense of honor..I guess that makes me strange. Maybe a bit unusual..But,,I believe you do reap exactly what you sew..There's no way I'm ever gonna need those two saws..My 3 Echo's are all I will need for the rest of my life..I'm still able to work and if or when I'm not, that is the very day I will die..I guess it's time for me to start downsizing..My greatest fear is that one day I might become normal.. Ha Ha..

Very nice read and you have some great values. I'll be 36 in the next couple months and really wish there were more people like you

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Very nice read and you have some great values. I'll be 36 in the next couple months and really wish there were more people like you

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Thank you for that nice compliment..At my very mature age you would be like a grand child.. I know I'd love you and your family if I were to meet yall...As a Shaman I actually feel like a very old Soul.. I once dreamed I am 500 years old and the world sure looks different when one views it from my perspective.. I had a son born in 1969 but hes gone now. My oldest daughter is 42..my baby daughter is 30 and I have a LOT of grandchildren. Oldest is 24..Most people under the age of 60/65 are just sweet kids that make me smile..I love almost everyone.. People are like farm animals. Some bulls have to be avoided. Some need more care than others. Then you have that old 3 legged dog. it's never going to be able to run all night BUT you know not to expect a lot out of them.. Disappointment is based upon expectation..He who don't expect much don't get disappointed often.. Desire is the other painful splinter..I desire less therefore I have little pain..Loss is another illusion.. I never think about what I had, but focus on the good things I DO have..The 24 year old Grandson has replaced the son I lost. He's awesome and very mature at his age..Then I got to raise my three daughters and 3 grandsons. That was great..Life is not a Static thing. It's only an experience..Think of drawing a circle.. The pencil point ends where it began.. That's life. We were not born to die. We were born to live until we die..Have a great day.. Enjoy your life. Determine you will make sure to get the good out of it and not let anger, fear, or anxiety take one drop of the joy..One day that circle will be complete.. Have a great day,, be blessed,,

Thank you for that nice compliment..At my very mature age you would be like a grand child.. I know I'd love you and your family if I were to meet yall...As a Shaman I actually feel like a very old Soul.. I once dreamed I am 500 years old and the world sure looks different when one views it from my perspective.. I had a son born in 1969 but hes gone now. My oldest daughter is 42..my baby daughter is 30 and I have a LOT of grandchildren. Oldest is 24..Most people under the age of 60/65 are just sweet kids that make me smile..I love almost everyone.. People are like farm animals. Some bulls have to be avoided. Some need more care than others. Then you have that old 3 legged dog. it's never going to be able to run all night BUT you know not to expect a lot out of them.. Disappointment is based upon expectation..He who don't expect much don't get disappointed often.. Desire is the other painful splinter..I desire less therefore I have little pain..Loss is another illusion.. I never think about what I had, but focus on the good things I DO have..The 24 year old Grandson has replaced the son I lost. He's awesome and very mature at his age..Then I got to raise my three daughters and 3 grandsons. That was great..Life is not a Static thing. It's only an experience..Think of drawing a circle.. The pencil point ends where it began.. That's life. We were not born to die. We were born to live until we die..Have a great day.. Enjoy your life. Determine you will make sure to get the good out of it and not let anger, fear, or anxiety take one drop of the joy..One day that circle will be complete.. Have a great day,, be blessed,,
A few times in your life you get to see gold. I got to see some today!

So today I was running my wood splitter and thinking..I've got a Sthil 026 and Sthil 024..I never use them and at my age I'd done working on anything that I don't have to..Ten years ago I loved tuning Old Saws and a few Grandmaws but at 75 I'm not interested in either anymore. SO, I decided to start down sizing..I have a neighbor who's back yard is connected to my pasture. He and his wife are in their 40's. Good kids with kids that are about ready to leave home. I know he loves my saws because I've cut some frees for him including the one I'm splitting..Once he watched me using my Sthil 029x3 (x3 is my mark, It indicates 3 modifications have been made to the saw) and he was mystified..The professional bar and 3/8 chain, Rim drive, and MM with a tune up made that crap saw into a real beast..So.. thinking about that I phoned him this afternoon. He works out of town and was not home. I asked him IF he would like to buy my Sthil 026 or 024. He got excited and said sure.. SO,, then, I landed a bomb on him..I said,,NO SELL..the phone went quiet. I ADDED...I'm gifting the saw to you for free..He was still trying to answer. I said,, You are a neighbor.. Your land and my land touch.. In my mind you are family..When you get home come choose a saw..He finally asked, ARE you sure.. I replied..I'd rather GIVE the saw to YOU than sell it to a stranger..I came up "old School"..My mom, half Native American with an Irish dad.. Raised DIRT POOR, on a small farm. Worked like a Mule. About the only thing I had of value was my self respect and sense of honor..I guess that makes me strange. Maybe a bit unusual..But,,I believe you do reap exactly what you sew..There's no way I'm ever gonna need those two saws..My 3 Echo's are all I will need for the rest of my life..I'm still able to work and if or when I'm not, that is the very day I will die..I guess it's time for me to start downsizing..My greatest fear is that one day I might become normal.. Ha Ha..
your neighbor is going g to be telling his friends some crazy old fart gave him a saw…

and that’s how we change the world back to the better days….

Latest posts

Back